D&D After Hours - ReaperCon 2015

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the new races being used? Those from Elemental Evil Player's Guide.

Why Not??

Well i suppose the answer is balance, but the DM can easily adjust on the quick should the new classes be overpowered, but from what I see that should not be an issue..

AJ

Me personally....I would go with what WotC did for encounters.  I wouldn't allow Aarakocra.  Having a flying speed of 40ft off the bat kind of makes it exceptionally unbalanced.  Everything else really isn't a balance issue.

• Like 1

Are the new races being used? Those from Elemental Evil Player's Guide.

Why Not??

Well i suppose the answer is balance, but the DM can easily adjust on the quick should the new classes be overpowered, but from what I see that should not be an issue..

AJ

Me personally....I would go with what WotC did for encounters.  I wouldn't allow Aarakocra.  Having a flying speed of 40ft off the bat kind of makes it exceptionally unbalanced.  Everything else really isn't a balance issue.

Agreed. Flying like that would be OP.

Totally understandable about not letting Aarocokra into a game. Flying can be a pain even at higher levels of play.

So so far I've designed the following characters:

Goliath fighter or barbarian (heck gives me a reason to use the Reaper "Goliath" mini)

Fire Genasi sorceror or warlock or wizard

half-elf ranger

dwarf fighter-cleric (prob my favorite race class combo)

dragonborn paladin (again good use for using a Reaper half-dragon mini)

half-orc wizard

If I make all of I may have to bring them for pregens ha ha.

• Like 1

Totally understandable about not letting Aarocokra into a game. Flying can be a pain even at higher levels of play.

So so far I've designed the following characters:

Goliath fighter or barbarian (heck gives me a reason to use the Reaper "Goliath" mini)

Fire Genasi sorceror or warlock or wizard

half-elf ranger

dwarf fighter-cleric (prob my favorite race class combo)

dragonborn paladin (again good use for using a Reaper half-dragon mini)

half-orc wizard

If I make all of I may have to bring them for pregens ha ha.

If you use the android program I mentioned above it'll probably take you 20 mins to knock out all of those characters.

• Like 1

There are goliaths in the game?

--- edit ---

GOLIATHS!!!

Newest adventure has them the genasi, snurfnevlin, aarcockra as playable PC races for 5.

Mr

As much as I'd like to use a prog, gonna do these by hand. Heck I used hero lab for the goblin pregens.

• Like 2

Ok out of curiosity I got the app. I must say I like it. I created like 5 characters in under 10 mins or so. I may have to buy the full version. Thanks for the tip.

For $3 I'd say its worth it. I haven't had to use it past 1st level but when I do ill probably buy it.

• Like 1