Jump to content

Pirate Sea-serpent Mermaid, 77135 Mariel Twinspar conversion


Recommended Posts

 Like I mentioned in the thread on the last one, my Elliwyn Heatherlark drider, I literally sat down with what was left of my KS1 vampire box with the express purpose of mashing together as many of them as I could and began matching up minis that looked like they might work together. I have one more hybrid in the queue at the moment, but that one has some serious resculpting left to go on the back and abdominal muscles as well as adding some new features. Eventually I'm also going to be sticking the top half of the tiny bones fire elemental from the familiar sprue onto one of the scorpions to make a salamander, but both of those are slated to be next month's projects.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm planning a second go at this eventually, in metal. I want to add on the small fins from Pearl the mermaid on her sides just under the bottom of the coat.

Note: the left side of her coat flares out much more than the left hip of the medusa bottom, so I ended up having to glue it down into it's current position...

Edited by Mad Jack
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Krassling
      My daughters ship needed a steering wheel, so I bought the Drunken pirate and put him on the bridge.
      Took the Photos before adding the sails. So you have a better view on the decks.
       


    • By Evilhalfling
      So when I unpacked this Big Boi in 2017  I thought he would look really cool without wings.  but I'm it will be a lot of careful work to carve off the joins and resculpt him,  I just don't think I'm ready.  In February I did the scales for my verocthulu conversion, and thought "I could have done that better."
      So this is better.  
       
      This Dragon will be the colors or earth.   Burnt Umber base, and a hide scattered with Burnt Sienna, Tusk Ivory, and Leather Brown with ochre and NNM gold colors on the belly. 
      perhaps some cool gray or blue washes in the shadows.   The scales will be individually shaded, and the hide below staying the color of brown liner, or umber in the well lit areas. 
       
      So far its been about 4 hrs of work in sculpting, cleaning, gluing and mold line removal.
      it took 45 min just to cover him in brown liner.  He is a really big dragon, and I have no idea how long this is going to take. 
       
      but im getting a little obesessed - I don't want to schedule a meeting or go grocery shopping, I want to add more paint... 
      this feels like how I ended up with a dragon named Insomnia - who was painted almost entirely between 10pm and 7 am.   I kept waking up with new color ideas. 
      Or the DDS2 dragon who I spent 2-4 hours a day painting for a solid week, and another hour a night for the week after.  
       
      The last picture is my inspiration for the scale colors - the eyes will be much simpler than this. 
       



       


    • By GlenP
      Sea Storm is a resin female pirate bust from Altores Studios in 1/9th scale. The piece is basically the head/body, the hat, pipe, and a loop earring. I replaced the earring with copper wire. Apart from some mold trash where the coat and torso meet, there were no major issues. Primed with my dwindling supply of Floquil Railroad Colors' Gray Primer and painted with Reaper acrylics.
       
      Questions and Comments welcomed... ain't no secrets here.
       
      Glen




    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, I will share here my progression on a project I wish to do for a long time. I already know all the parts I'll be using for this diorama. Starting with the carefree 03082 Ingrid sculpted by Derek Schubert (I'm converting her as a svirfneblin prospector), accompanied by her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by a 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. I will also add a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging somewhere on the rock wall. I already worked on Ingrid. I removed the base and give her a pickaxe. I made her tool with a paperclip and a piece of scrap metal. This all-project idea started with the gemstone she’s holding in her left hand.
       

       

       

       

    • By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...





       
      On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.
       
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 4 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...