Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

77268, 77269: Froggies

What are you using for a wash to bring out the detail like that? 

Brown Liner =) then i wipe away the excess with a paper towel. Leaves the gaps filled

• Like 3

Brown Liner =) then i wipe away the excess with a paper towel. Leaves the gaps filled

Good idea, I will need to try it. I have tried just brown liner but was not happy with it. Wiping some away though, that works.

• Like 1

Good idea, I will need to try it. I have tried just brown liner but was not happy with it. Wiping some away though, that works.

Yea, i like wiping away the excess. Seems to work better, though maybe that's just me XD but it seems to, so i keep doing it

• Like 2

Getting a thinned wash to stick without priming is a challenge, but your method makes the figures very easy to read.  I'll have to give it a shot when I start painting my Bones.

Super excited to see how the blue dart frog turns out.  I googled some pictures and they're really quite striking.

• Like 1

Getting a thinned wash to stick without priming is a challenge, but your method makes the figures very easy to read.  I'll have to give it a shot when I start painting my Bones.

Super excited to see how the blue dart frog turns out.  I googled some pictures and they're really quite striking.

I think so, it really brings out the details you might otherwise miss, because only the gaps remain filled. Helps see what is what

there are a couple different types of blue dart frogs, i'll be painting him like this kind:

blue_poison_dart_frog.jpg

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AngiesArmies
      I painted these Squogs, Turtles and Kar Drakir to fit in with my lizardmen/seraphon for Age of Sigmar. The squogs and turtles were painted early last year, a quick paint job to test out some colours for my lizardmen. Kar Drakir was painted to serve as a lizardmen hero. The squogs were slightly converted - Mudcroak received a Lizardmen style staff top and one of the squogs got a skink sword.

The Squogs and Turtles were okay models - the weapons on the squogs were fairly thin and thus a bit floppy. Kar Drakir was amazing. I think models that's 35mm+ is where the bones material really starts to shine.

• By Glitterwolf
      I will paint and create a Reptilian Army pure for fun.

It will consists of many different kind of Reptiles and Amphibians.
      Mostly Snakemen, Lizardmen, Frogmen, Dragonmen, Turtlemen, Fishmen, Dinosaurs and Insects.

I will happily include any monster I think will fit.
      Khanjira will be the centrepiece at some sort as the Living Lizard God.

I do not play any games, so this will be pure for my own and (I hope your)  fun to create.

EDIT: The above was my original plan, over time and thanks to the comments made by other Forumites, this has developed into a story.
                This resulted in more Factions I wanted to build and paint, so this Project now also includes Pirates, Conquistadores, Native Warriors based on Inca/Aztec/Maya cultures.

EDIT: And now it will also include Undead!

Captain Luigiano and his army had been travelling through the jungle for weeks now.
      The sunlight was blocked by the dense canopy of trees.
      Some of the men had contracted fever, and those darn mosquitos were a big nuisance!

He looked at the golden plaque he had obtained.
      Gold, with a snakeman made out of gems on it.
      With this he had convinced the men to follow him.
      Somewhere in this accursed jungle there was a city made of gold, he was sure of it.

They would conquer this city and become rich beyond belief.
      He looked at his army, they even had a few cannons.
      Nothing would stop them!

Finally they reached a clearance.
      The men were pleased, at least they could see the sun again.
      They took a rest and a drink, tended to the sick.

Suddenly they heard a loud roar from the other side of the clearing.
      Birds flew away, trees where falling!

Some poison darts flew and two soldiers fell, they died before they hit the ground.
      A loud roar and an enormous terrifying Lizard appeared.
      One soldier died out of fear from just looking at it.

Then the Reptilian Horde emerged from the Jungle.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 286 Guests (See full list)