• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Valandar
      So, a local store had a painting contest - entrants drew a random number from a jar, and that number equated to a Reaper Bones mini we had two weeks to paint and got to keep. I was remarkably lucky, and got the Dracolisk, by the incomparable Julie Guthrie. Since the rules said no more than 75% of the model could be obscured, I felt somewhat open ground with some stumps and some broken statues would be best.

There will be two prizes - one from customer voting, and one from Staff Judging. Wish me luck!

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Contest inspired me to finish this model, which had been on deck for quite some time...

Thanks for looking,
      Kev!
    • By Inarah
      Link to original challenge: 
      I don't have any of the dragons selected for the challenge. I do have the dracolisk, https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/basilisk/latest/77379
      So I'm painting that. 

Die roll, 13, 18, 2.  Earth brown, palomino gold, clotted red.   Good colors.  I don't have the Earth or Clotted Red but can approximate. 

Baby needs a bath first. 

• By Mattnuke
      I may have only lurked around on Bones 4 (mostly because I didn't want to spend more than a base pledge right now!), but it definitely helped me get the painting bug.

I also received a plethora of monsters from CMoN (Massive Darkness) and have started playing D&D again (good old 2nd Edition).  These have also gotten the creative juices going.  

I thought to myself, 'self...you want a good collection of painted minis, in case the guys and gals want you to DM.'  Then I realized, I have all these great bones miniatures, of which most have just been unbagged and stored.

So, here's the start of a new collection of painted monsters, freaks, and villains to terrorize my friends (maybe :D)

I wanted to practice doing scales and have always wanted to be able to get a somewhat iridescent effect.  I decided the Dracolisk, #77397 would be a good model to try this out on.

I really want to make those scales 'pop' a bit more.  Does anyone have any good advice?
    • By Auberon
      After not having painted in a while, I speed painted the Bones brass bull this afternoon.  It was a bit of an experiment as I had not used any paints from my new VMA metal set yet. It would be nice if they had a little more opacity, but heavily oxidized is good too. 

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)