I thought the new Reaper bases were supposed to be in Imperial units.

scorpio616

Overall the base are nice and practical. ^_^ Usable as raised plinth for easy pinning / epoxying magnets or flat with raised edges for blending in a broccoli base / avoiding extra height. But since they were referred to as imperial measurements in the KS, I had hoped that would have been their sizes. But like most other folks who make bases, Reaper went with metric sizes 25mm, 50mm & 75mm rather than the good old Imperial 1 inch, 2 inchs and 3 inches.  :mellow: Am I the only one slightly miffed by this?

EDIT: mind you, I'm only slightly miffed, I was kinda expecting the to be the mm they wound up at.

Edited by scorpio616

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, given the conversion, I don't quite know what the problem is...what game are you playing that 3/64 of an inch at 3 inches is going to break things? And especially where 1/64 of an inch at one inch is a problem?

• Like 3

But like most other folks who make bases, Reaper went with metric sizes 25mm, 50mm & 75mm rather than the good old Imperial 1 inch, 2 inchs and 3 inches.  :mellow: Am I the only one slightly miffed by this?

Your sad devotion to that ancient measurement system has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

Darsc claims victory. 

• Like 7

I have to admit, given the conversion, I don't quite know what the problem is...what game are you playing that 3/64 of an inch at 3 inches is going to break things? And especially where 1/64 of an inch at one inch is a problem?

Last I checked there aren't games that require 1" bases over 25mm bases. Indeed them being 25mm makes them better suited for most games.

I'm starting to wonder if Reaper just said 1, 2 & 3 inches cause they didn't want multiple people asking...

Cletus.gif"How many feet in 75 millimeters?"

Edited by scorpio616
  • Like 7

But like most other folks who make bases, Reaper went with metric sizes 25mm, 50mm & 75mm rather than the good old Imperial 1 inch, 2 inchs and 3 inches.  :mellow: Am I the only one slightly miffed by this?

Your sad devotion to that ancient measurement system has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you enough clairvoyance to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

Darsc claims victory. 

Not as long as Americans by gas & milk by the gallon; meat & produce by the pound and cloth by the square yard!

• Like 1

I ALMOST shot coffee out of my nose.

=-Jake

• Like 7

In DB* games, the default is bases in metric widths and depths and movement in inches* (with "metric inches" -- 25mm, 50mm, etc. -- as an alternate). There are some evolutions that can be done with inches but not with metric inches.

Not directly on point for base sizes (especially for round bases), but sometimes precise measurements actually do matter.

* For reasons known only to the authors.

Edited by Doug Sundseth