Jump to content

Vil-hatarn

[Pathfinder] Kingmaker Adventure Path

Recommended Posts

Pathfinder rules and the Kingmaker Adventure Path are copyright Paizo Publishing. Currently on Part 1: Stolen Land by Tim Hitchcock.

 

House Rules
Ability score increases at all even levels
Two-weapon fighters can attack once with each as a standard action
Strain-Injury HP: essentially, most damage heals automatically with a short rest, with only severe injuries requiring divine healing or bed rest.
XP: Ad hoc, approximately twice the rate of the fast track as I'll be handwaving or removing "filler" encounters to maintain pacing

 

This is the game thread; post in-character comments and die rolls [honor system] here, please keep out-of-character comments to the thread in The Gathering.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Player Characters

Aldrath Klockburn, gnome cleric3 of Brigh (GMPC; formerly Unit04)

Alexi Dromange, Chelaxian fighter3 (Dilvish)

Beremor Stoneshield, dwarf wizard3 (ShadowRaven)

Ellandar, elf witch3 (Kangaroorex)

Vonthra Valnore, dwarf paladin3 of Damerrich (Flamehawke)

Kavik, human rogue2 (formerly Qwyksilver)

 

Weather: clear

Date: morning, 29 Pharast (early spring), 4710 A.R.

Timeline

 

Overland Map (first row is Brevic territory; white spaces are unknown, ? spaces and offset tiles are unexplored)

Combat Map

 

Exploration Rates

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For one reason or another, you have each found your way to the Free City of Restov which sits on the border of Brevoy’s southern Rostland region and the fractious River Kingdoms to the south. So called because its leaders do not come from the noble houses that dominate Issian and Brevic politics, the Free City is best known as the home of the Aldori dueling style, and remains a stronghold of the Swordlords despite their crushing defeat by Choral the Conqueror nearly two hundred years ago. While its inhabitants consider themselves quite sophisticated, visiting Taldans or Chelaxians find the populace rather rough around the edges, particularly in their eagerness to duel over minor matters of honor and pride.

 

Since the sudden disappearance of Choral’s descendants 11 years ago, the scheming House Surtova has ruled in Brevoy, but their grasp on power is far from complete. Tensions are growing among the noble houses and between Rostland and Issia, and some say civil war is inevitable. There have even been murmurs that it is time for Rostland to reclaim its independence, though only a fool would make such a claim in public. Amidst these tensions, Restov’s Lord Mayor Ioseph Sellemius and a number of wealthy Rostlandic lords and merchants have issued charters to several independent parties with the goal of securing Rostland’s southern border, which presently runs up against a particularly lawless region of the River Kingdoms. The charters charge the recipients to explore, map, and bring justice to the region commonly known as the Stolen Lands, though it is a matter of contention who they were stolen from.

 

Some of you are native to Brevoy, while others have come to Restov hoping to escape your past and chart a new future. Not long after your arrival, you heard that the Lady Kirana Aldori was recruiting warriors and explorers for a foray into the Greenbelt, a region known for bountiful hunting and trapping until a recent rise in banditry. Each of you was interviewed by Kirana or her assistant Alexi Dromange, a human of Chelaxian descent, promised a generous rate of 10 gp per week, and told to gather at the western gate at dawn on 1st Pharast. That morning has now arrived. GM-Speak: I'll wait for everyone to introduce/describe their character and then we'll get going.

 

En route to the meeting, several of you overhear townsfolk discussing someone by the name of Kressle. Rumor is she murdered a man who propositioned her in one of Restov's bars and maimed several others, and was due to be hung this morning, but escaped in the night, leaving two dead guards behind her. Popular opinion says she's likely fled back into the River Kingdoms, beyond the reach of justice.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clean and well kept was the first impression he gave to most humans. Smallish was the first thing that came to mind for most of his kin though. At four foot exactly, and at only 155 pounds he was hardly the most impossing figure. That his brown hair and bear, with it's strands of bright copper intermingled was kept neatly trimmed, and his clothes where fresh and new though well suited to travel, suggested that he was not one accustomed to hard times. That his fingers showed little in the way of calluses told that he was not much accustomed to hard work either. Yet there was a sharp inteligence in his emerald green eyes, and while his pack lay propped against the wall, he wore a warhammer like one who knew it's use. A beret of dark blue capped his head, set at a jaunty angle, and while he waited he puffed cassually on a carved wooden pipe. Soon the appointed hour would come, and he would for the first time meet those whom he would be travelling with, and set out upon this journey.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aldrath Klockburn arrives at the western gate bright and early, eager to begin his new adventure. His chipper and energetic attitude contrasting with his somber garb. "Brigh grant the team will mesh like well machined cogs," he says to no one in particular, fingering the gear shaped holy symbol hanging about his neck.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vonthra approached the area quietly and with some curiosity. She had never met the people she would travel with. Perhaps it could lead to some new and interesting friends. She wears grey hide armor paired with a white cloak. She wears a holy symbol of Damerrich around her neck. The colors accentuate her fiery locks, deep green eyes, and tanned skin.

 

She carries a dwarven waraxe within easy grasp and a thorn bow along with a quiver at her back. She speaks softly "This is the correct meeting place I presume. I am Vonthra Valnore, servant of Damerrich."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Beremor Stoneshield" He said with a nod at the introduction. What his thoughts on her deity of choice might be, remain hidden. "I take it you are another of Lady Aldori's choices for this task? I think that gnome there is as well, but it's not said a word since it got here...and well, gnomes...Hard to guess"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexi Dromage approaches the group.  A tall human,broad of shoulder and narrow of waist, bearing classic Chelaxian features, shoulder length raven black hair and eyes the color of stormy skies.  His clothing, while utilitarian, is quite well made and several tasteful rings adorn his hands.  His armor is a mix of chain and steel disks.  A silver chased sheath containing an Aldori dueling sword hangs from a finely tooled leather belt circling his waist.  The edge of a small shield shows from beneath his woolen cloak and he clasps a spear in his right hand as though it were a simple walking stick.

 

He comes to a halt in front of the group with a curious little stomp.  His left hand furls the edge of his cloak (clearing the hilt of his sword as if by happenstance) and he gives a slight bow.  "Well met my companions.  For those of you whom I have not had the pleasure of meeting, I am Alexi Dromage and I am at your service.  I am sure that we will all become boon companions and am looking forward getting to know you all."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ellandar Strides up to the knot of adventurers forming at the gate.  She is tall, even for an elf and thin as a willow branch.  Her hair is black and cut short at the neckline allowing the points of her ears to show prominently.  On her right shoulder a white rat with black spots stands on two paws with a third grasping Ellandar's ear.  the rat alternates between sniffing the air and apparently whispering in Ellandar's ear.

 

Ellandar is dressed in a fine blue set of slacks and jerkin, the edges chased with silver arcane symbols. across her back is a black knee length cape.  She carries an ironwood staff and a bow over one shoulder.  On her head is a wide brimmed pointed hat, the mark of her Craft. a rucksack and a small cauldron complete the look. 

 

As she walk up, She says "Are you the group that are hear to help tame the stolen lands?  I have been told that I may assist the Lady Aldori by assisting where I can in this endeavor.  I am Ellandar of the river, and I am glad to meet each of you.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(knowledge arcana Roll(1d20)+7:17,+7 Total:24. I think he knows what class she is)

 

He studied the approaching elf, or more precisely, the arcane symbols upon her clothing and the tell-tale hat. "It seems we are, Ellandar of the river. Beremor Stoneshield. Wizard." If the others wished to introduce themselves to the witch, or not, or if they even knew what she was, or not was at present no concern of his

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vonthra nodded "Aye. She asked it of me and it works for me at this moment in time. I am Vonthra Valnore. A pleasure to meet all of you."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well met Beremor.  A master of the arcane arts is most welcome on our journeys.  Mayhap we will have a chance to discuss our arts.  I have the witching power and come seeking a better reception of my skills than my home in the River Kingdoms."   She extends a hand to the dwarf, you can see the snout of a dragon tattooed on the back of the hand and leading back up the arm of the tunic.  "I hope the histories of our peoples will not get in the way of our endeavor." 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"hrmm" He said, though he did accept the handshake. Releasing her hand he nodded "Yes, well. I won't be judging you by your race, but by what you do. We will have to take the time to discuss our arts, and know what we can each do when push comes to shove."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A short, stout figure, some may notice, stands at a bush along the wall, several yards away. A heavy shield is slung across his shoulders; on it is a stalk of maize headed heavily with grain. The plant had been coated partially with red, however, as though it is bleeding. At first the dwarf appears to be loitering, or perhaps rocking on his heels and killing time--but it quickly becomes apparent he is relieving himself. He empties his bladder, buttons his pants closed again, and turns toward the gate. He wipes his hands on his vest--he is dressed in skins and fur, simply but effectively manufactured--and armored in scale. A crossbow hangs at his hip alongside a broad, thick-handled axe. He grins, or perhaps grimaces, and spits. He approaches those gathered in the clearing. He is rumpled and dusty, gives off an odor that is a bit sour. He thrusts his hand between the elf and dwarf, reaching them first, and shakes stiffly but vigorously with any who’ll return the gesture.

 

“Abirn,†he says. “Son a Frimble Dusttrawler son a Martik Dusttrawler son a Almus Dusttrawler.â€

 

He spits again and looks the assembling party over. His face betrays concern--a stretching of lips, breath sucked quickly through his teeth.

 

“So now, is this the lot a ye, then?†He squints and points at the nearby gnome. “Did ye shave yeer bleeding beard, mate? Must be daft and surely chilled by the breeze now, no?â€

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vonthra takes his hand politely and shakes it "Well met Abirn Dusttrawler. As you no doubt already heard I am Vonthra Valnore, servant of Damerrich."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Neatpete
      The new Kickstarter got me motivated to dig up some old bones. I realized after all these years I have never painted a dragon, so I got after it. Rather happy with how this came out.
       

    • By Floyd Ryan
      This is Barzillai Thrune, the major villain from the Pathfinder Hell's Rebels campaign. I painted him as a service to my DM because we are currently playing that campaign and my intuition tells me that it will be needed some day. The mini is extremely faithful to the original Wayne Reynolds art and I also used the same colour scheme, but I regret using my standard unimaginative "block of acryl paste" base. With the burning mace the mini would be excellent for OSL experiments and there are two fine versions of it on the forum with lighting effects, but I thought to late about the idea and was reluctant to add it to the almost finished mini.
       
       




    • By Floyd Ryan
      So here is my take on the famous Pathfinder Sorceress Seoni. I mostly kept to the original color scheme but wanted to find out how a green dress would look.
       
       



    • By Brianuk
      I don't play Pathfinder but really liked the idea of Kul Inkit being a barbarian outfitted from a crashed spaceship. I tried to include spaceship grey and bright orange to suggest this. 


    • By PandorasGhost
      Hey everybody!
       
      Tried to get the word out by word of mouth, and decided on here might be a good way to go about it as well. The tables for gaming had to be altered from what was on the printed schedule due to some logistics issues. (Logic?! At a con?! Say it isn't so.)
       
      Games on GrowTix should reflect accurate locations (and hopefully always reflected accurate times). Also, there are printed schedules available on the table just beside registration. ALSO, ALSO, I attached the Xcel spreadsheet of the schedule if anyone wants to peruse.
       
      Joseph Wolf's Dreadmere games are still at Table 1 - under the big Dredmere banner. Tables 2 ,3, and 10 are various Roleplaying games, as per the schedule Table 4 is an all-day, every-day Freeblades demo - drop by and check it out! Tables 6 thru 9 are for Gamers looking for Pathfinder/Starfinder D&D Adventure League is now tables 11 thru 23, but Gamers taking part in DDAL are encouraged to head to Table 18, where Colby (and crew) will be marshaling GMs, getting players into games, and generally just controlling the madness of League events. Tables 24 thru 28 are going to host Frog God Games (in the Arabian rooms) ReaperCon 2019 Gaming.xlsx
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 190 Guests (See full list)

×