Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

77328: Cinder (White)

Starting a WIP for my dragon Cinder

He's going to be a white dragon =P 

I'm basing him on a Secret Weapon base i got, that looks like it'd be a nice snowy scape. Plus, it is much more stable than the base Cynder came with (which I cut up and made into rocks on my Blightfang's base)

post-12758-0-39943100-1424898177_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 12

White Dragon... Success! Move him over to show off! Lol, Sorry, couldn't resist Siri.

Good luck. Are you thinking blue-y white, or gray-y white?

What are the brick-like things in the base? Is it going to be a smashed igloo?

• Like 6

White Dragon... Success! Move him over to show off! Lol, Sorry, couldn't resist Siri.

Good luck. Are you thinking blue-y white, or gray-y white?

What are the brick-like things in the base? Is it going to be a smashed igloo?

the brick things are broken rune stones =)

Ha! good one =P but he'll be a blue-white

• Like 2

I'm definitely going to follow this, only to spur on my jealousy that some people already have their bones 2...

I think Cinder was one of the models that somehow managed to help me convince my wife to back Bones 2 before i found employment after college.

Cinder and Khanjira those two...

• Like 2

I'm both excited about and dreading this thread. I have cinder enroute to me...so I will have a very high standard to compare mine too.

XD I'm glad you're confident, 'cause I'm not...I've never tried painting a white dragon before

normally i can't stand things to remain one solid color, so I'm probably going to be tempted to put in some variation into his scales, and it could go so badly....

• Like 1

Try finding a picture of a polar bear, arctic fox and arctic hare for inspiration. They seem a uniform white...but they aren't. Between guard hairs, subtle colour shifts and dirt they have 3-4 shades of differing intensity. For example, most hares are brown mixed with the white, foxes grey and brown with the white and all of them get a yellow cast from dirt (and maybe other stuff too) on their bellies and legs.

• Like 2

Definitely good to use images for basis...though the effect i'm going for is more along the lines of mother of pearl where it gets that pearly, iridescent sheen to it >.O we'll see if i can do it haha

like this:

Shell-Dish-920x864.jpg

• Like 9

I was just thinking that would be a fun white dragon to paint! For this purpose I love Vallejo's metal medium, but Reaper's Pearl White is pretty good too. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress. ^_^

• Like 1

I was just thinking that would be a fun white dragon to paint! For this purpose I love Vallejo's metal medium, but Reaper's Pearl White is pretty good too. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress. ^_^

i do have Pearl White and i plan to use it quite a bit

I'm going to be working in a small area at first, to figure out what i want to do before tackling the entire dragon XD

• Like 4

Definitely good to use images for basis...though the effect i'm going for is more along the lines of mother of pearl where it gets that pearly, iridescent sheen to it >.O we'll see if i can do it haha

like this:

Shell-Dish-920x864.jpg

That looks... hard.  :blink: