Sign in to follow this  
sirmonte

D&D Collector's Series Purple Worm - WIP

I thought I should get off my butt on this one and get it done before my box of KS2 shows up. I know that once that box shows up that I will be really busy. Hope you all like.

Here is the start of the base.

post-13021-0-13296000-1424991087_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-49599700-1424991096_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-39011600-1424991105_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-38445900-1424991111_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-10514800-1424991119_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-01244800-1424991124_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-45865900-1424991128_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Off to a great start, I like how you are going about the base on it coming out of the grass like that. Very cool! I'll definitely watch this thread as well, really enjoyed your Beholder.

• Like 1

Off to a great start, I like how you are going about the base on it coming out of the grass like that. Very cool! I'll definitely watch this thread as well, really enjoyed your Beholder.

Thanks. I thought I would go a different route and use grass. I was going to go dungeon floor brick but changed my mind. Thought the outside look might be different. The beholder was very fun but a pain. I had the hardest time with the eyes. I must of painted them 5 times...lol  Finally I said this will work. 

Looking great so far!

I want that mini XD my local game store has one, but i can't justify its price >.<

I bought this some time ago when they had it at a really good price on amazon. I did order it from GF9 but the shipping wait time was killing me. So I ordered it from amazon and gave the other one (when it got here) to a very good friend of mine. He already painted his...lol

• Like 1

Thanks. I thought I would go a different route and use grass. I was going to go dungeon floor brick but changed my mind. Thought the outside look might be different. The beholder was very fun but a pain. I had the hardest time with the eyes. I must of painted them 5 times...lol  Finally I said this will work. 

Looking great so far!

I want that mini XD my local game store has one, but i can't justify its price >.<

I bought this some time ago when they had it at a really good price on amazon. I did order it from GF9 but the shipping wait time was killing me. So I ordered it from amazon and gave the other one (when it got here) to a very good friend of mine. He already painted his...lol

oh i'll have to keep an eye on Amazon then ^^

I look forward to seeing how it comes along!

• Like 2

Hopefully the Bones version will be out soon..

Yess yess...the color schemes in my head...they demand to be painted...those armor plating, I could do so m uch to them

• Like 2

Wow, what an awesome looking mini. I, too, really enjoyed your eye tyrant thread. Looking forward to this.

Thanks.

Here is an up date. You can see from the pictures there was a big gap on the belly side and a smaller one on the top side. I had to fill them with some putty. I tried my best to follow the armor plates on the belly into the putty. The putty is easy to work with. Hopefully it blends and does not look too bad. I used vallejo primer and started to put some base paint down. The paint did dry a little shiny but I will fix that after the wash and highlights. The teeth will be the last things I paint. So far so good. This mini is very fun and looks killer. 

More to come soon.

post-13021-0-82618200-1425237376_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-85719700-1425237382_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-40555000-1425237389_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-31612000-1425237400_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-28971200-1425237408_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-03247300-1425237415_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-71193000-1425237419_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-91533600-1425237424_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-78945300-1425237429_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Finally got this thing done. Here are last of the WIP pics that I have. There are some pics that I did not post but you will see it in the show off thread. This was very fun to paint. I really like the look of the sculpt. Now I can focus on the big box of KS2 that just showed up today. 

Here is the show off thread - http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/4-show-off/

post-13021-0-72220300-1425685798_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-37231800-1425685807_thumb.jpg

post-13021-0-81606300-1425685814_thumb.jpg

Edited by sirmonte
  • Like 7