• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the interest of expanding my collection of painted miniatures I decided to paint up one of my Hasslefree miniatures.  I need to finish up her highlights on her arms and blend a little more.  Here i

Progress for today, mainly the blue corset.  I'm not sure I like the color on the lacing.  I also touched up the skirt with some higher highlights.  I then put a coat of yellow on the head band to see

Thanks, I decided I'd try brown eyes and thought they came out good.  Bascically I had no painting time yesterday.  Friday I had a little bit of time and got her skirt and a start to her hair.  Only h

Posted Images

Thanks, I decided I'd try brown eyes and thought they came out good.  Bascically I had no painting time yesterday.  Friday I had a little bit of time and got her skirt and a start to her hair.  Only had a little time today, so I took a shot of before I started.

post-12625-0-62539600-1425262943.jpg

And after I finished for the day I managed to get some more base coating on the corset.  I'm experimenting with blue/black for the hair.

post-12625-0-88087200-1425262944.jpg

Just not sure how to go with the headband yet.

• Like 11

I couldn't get the hair to look right for me, so I changed it to brown.  I then went on to the skirt.  I shaded it down with a tiny bit of blue to create a greenish yellow.  I thought I went to dark so a brought it back.  Now looking at it I think I need to bring the shadow a bit darker..

post-12625-0-61616100-1425436880.jpg

post-12625-0-96576000-1425436881.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks, in person the shadows look a bit darker.  So I think I'll just touch up the highlights a little.  With my KS2 arrival today, I didnt have the focus to highlight and shade some more.  So I decided to base coat my Griffon.  But I'll be back at this tomorrow. 

Any ideas on what basic color's to use for clay.  I was thinking of making the pitcher and mugs clay, to try something new from metals.

Are you thinking a light colored clay? If so I personally would try Ginger Cookie, if you have it, shaded with 9162 Driftwood Brown. They should be able to produce a nice tan.

Hmm,  I do happen to have both those colors.  I'll give that a try on the pitcher.

• Like 1