Progress for today, mainly the blue corset.  I'm not sure I like the color on the lacing.  I also touched up the skirt with some higher highlights.  I then put a coat of yellow on the head band to see how I worked.  It was that or the light blue?

post-12625-0-20013800-1425608053.jpg

post-12625-0-68508900-1425608054.jpg

Thanks for you C&C, it's much appreciated.  If I've gotten better it is in part thanks to all the advice and encouragement I have received from you Folks.

• Like 11
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the interest of expanding my collection of painted miniatures I decided to paint up one of my Hasslefree miniatures.  I need to finish up her highlights on her arms and blend a little more.  Here i

Progress for today, mainly the blue corset.  I'm not sure I like the color on the lacing.  I also touched up the skirt with some higher highlights.  I then put a coat of yellow on the head band to see

Thanks, I decided I'd try brown eyes and thought they came out good.  Bascically I had no painting time yesterday.  Friday I had a little bit of time and got her skirt and a start to her hair.  Only h

Posted Images

I like the yellow head band but I do agree with you about the laces, something seems off about them. The skirt is looking really good. What yellows are you using? Because I so want to steal that recipe.

I base coated with palomino gold.  Then shadowed with palomino gold and a touch of sapphire blue to create a light yellowed green.  I then added Linen white into the palomino gold in 3 successive highlights.  With a optional glaze of sunlight yellow. I dont remember when I put the glaze down, after the first or second highlight.

• Like 1

Beautiful yellow. I'll have to dig out my Palomino gold I never use it and it looks so pretty at least how you use it. I like the blue with the yellow, she reminds me of Snow White. You'll have to sneak an apple on her base somewhere. 

I also like the yellow headband but it does scream for some freehand. Are you planning on revisiting her skin in the photos her face and chest needs a bit of smoothing, but her arms look nice and smooth. Otherwise great work so far I love the whole piece.

• Like 1

Beautiful yellow. I'll have to dig out my Palomino gold I never use it and it looks so pretty at least how you use it. I like the blue with the yellow, she reminds me of Snow White. You'll have to sneak an apple on her base somewhere. 

I also like the yellow headband but it does scream for some freehand. Are you planning on revisiting her skin in the photos her face and chest needs a bit of smoothing, but her arms look nice and smooth. Otherwise great work so far I love the whole piece.

Actually, I was planning on touching up the skin some more after I finished the other parts.  I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on snow white similarity.  I actually used her as a reference. :;):   I like the apple idea.  I might have to actually give a free hand apple a try on her head band or more subtle with one on her base?

• Like 2

Yesterday was a painting bust but I managed to get some more work done today.  Went with yellow on the corset lace, red was just to busy for me.  I then worked on the pitcher and mugs.  Blended the light blue some more as well,  I think I'm at the point of good enough.  I then painted up the towel by shading it with an ashen blue : ghost white mix.  Then highlighted up to white.  Next I going to go back and blend the skin some more on the chest and face.

post-12625-0-79347900-1425867476.jpg

post-12625-0-45614700-1425867478.jpg

• Like 8

More work done today.  Blended the skin some more.  Tried and attempt at a freehand apple on her headband. Then did some subtle highlight and shadow on the headband as well.

Here she is. 

post-12625-0-28110600-1425944877.jpg

PS: going to wait on the shoes till after I base her.  Have the feeling I'll just wreck anything I paint when I do that.

• Like 9