• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the interest of expanding my collection of painted miniatures I decided to paint up one of my Hasslefree miniatures.  I need to finish up her highlights on her arms and blend a little more.  Here i

Progress for today, mainly the blue corset.  I'm not sure I like the color on the lacing.  I also touched up the skirt with some higher highlights.  I then put a coat of yellow on the head band to see

Thanks, I decided I'd try brown eyes and thought they came out good.  Bascically I had no painting time yesterday.  Friday I had a little bit of time and got her skirt and a start to her hair.  Only h

Posted Images

Agreed, lovely work on the skin tones. I think SG is spot on with the critique. One other subtle detail you could add is a few stains to the dish towel just for the fun of it.

I agree a bit of ale stains would suit her perfectly. She looks great on her base as well.

• Like 1

Great choice for the base, she looks really good. I personally would do a little lining where the towel and the pitcher touch her dress.

Thanks I'm trying to decide on color for the lining atm.

Agreed, lovely work on the skin tones. I think SG is spot on with the critique. One other subtle detail you could add is a few stains to the dish towel just for the fun of it.

I agree a bit of ale stains would suit her perfectly. She looks great on her base as well.

Thanks, any suggestion on stain color?  Watered down Tan or Brown to intentionally make it stain?  I'll only get a little time today, but hopefully enough to finish her up.

Yup I think Marsya is spot on. Another option if you have the inclination is to apply some dry pigments; you can apply them dry with some pigment fixer and it eliminates water marks that can sometimes be a risk for super thin paint or add just a touch of fixer to the dry pigment first if you want a bit more texture (read: food chunks) to the dish towel.

• Like 2

Great looking model, I really like how the yellow works, my only comment would be the shoes I think they are lost being yellow, but it may be do late do anything about this now.

I had the same thought as well.  But I think i'll leave it as is.

Yup I think Marsya is spot on. Another option if you have the inclination is to apply some dry pigments; you can apply them dry with some pigment fixer and it eliminates water marks that can sometimes be a risk for super thin paint or add just a touch of fixer to the dry pigment first if you want a bit more texture (read: food chunks) to the dish towel.

Alas, I have no dry pigments.  Haven't ever tried to use them either, yet.

I did give staining a try not sure how well they came out.  But I think I'm gonna call this one finished and start work on my RCon entries.

• Like 1