reapercon entries

maxstyles

Hey I was wondering if anyone else was fighting with their reapercon entries this year?  I feel like mine are really kicking my butt.  I may be losing my mind, but I swear that one is heckling me.  Last night just after I put the second brush stroke of the night on it, the figure looked at me and said "Really?" in the most disapproving tone you can imagine.  You know the one.. The one your second grade teacher gave you when you were trying to slip something past them.. Or the one you got from your parents when you did something stupid.. Or the one you get from a normal person that you are trying explain just how frackin' cool this hobby is.

I sort of half expect them to wake me up in the middle of the night to explain that I should just give up and start over.... with another figure... because they are tired of working with me.  Maybe I should develop a punishment strategy for the miniatures that are misbehaving -- Like an elaborate walk of shame or something.  Or I guess I could up my dosage and carry on. ::P:

Anyway, anyone else having trouble like this?  Did I mention that I love this hobby ::D:

Maxstyles

• Like 3

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah that's funny. Chaosscorpion has been heckling me about a pair of entries I have planned for ReaperCon. One entry has me stuck in an indecisive paralysis which is all but unheard of for me. The other I'm just not as excited to work on despite the fact that it would be amazing when finished. So I'm just working on what inspires me now and I'll bring whatever is done to ReaperCon.  :upside:

• Like 3

Like I said, I'm just going to bring stuff and not worry about whether it was what I'd 'planned' to enter or whatever. I'm not winning any Sophies or anything so I'm just going to paint as best as I can to see how the judges are rating me these days. 

• Like 1

/stares at work desk

Realizes she only really has one completed entry

Honestly, I've had ideas pop in and outout, ideas that evovled into something more, ideas that die when the miniature falls apart in my hands....,ideas that fail because I lack the components for a good base.

I decided that everything I bring needs to have a decent base and that is slowing me down significantly.

Edit: my dryad heckles me. I'm determined to bring her but I swear.... I finally got her to stay in one piece, touched her up and she says "yeah? How you going to base me?"

Then we just stared at each other.

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 2

I'm finishing up the planned entry I am going to bring

but two other minis from Bones 2 I've painted/am painting are telling me they want to come along as well...

AND we have our Team entry to do... Which I still need to get started on.. and we need to figure out how to get it to ReaperCon in 1 piece (well unbroken anyhow).

but two other minis from Bones 2 I've painted/am painting are telling me they want to come along as well...

AND we have our Team entry to do... Which I still need to get started on.. and we need to figure out how to get it to ReaperCon in 1 piece (well unbroken anyhow).

Yea...I know...I really really need to get back to work on that haha! After my DDS2 dragon, promise! Doubt she'll make me long to finish up

• Like 1

Yea...I know...I really really need to get back to work on that haha! After my DDS2 dragon, promise! Doubt she'll make me long to finish up

Not trying to rush you, just reminding us both that time is starting to tick down. I'm thinking I'll have to ship what I have to you, since you are driving down and it'll probably be safer in your care and car than me trying to get it to ReaperCon via plane.

• Like 1