• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Labella DeMornay, Banshee from the first Bones kickstarter, This is a green translucent, and like all translucents I undercoated it first with Army Painter Anti Shine Matt Varnish, so the following washes would have something to adhere to. This is key to painting translucents. Also, make sure to use transparent paints, like inks and quickshade washes. Opaque paints will invariably ruin the translucent effect. The green tinge of the plastic will affect any transparent colours that are used, and so this must be taken into consideration. For her brown hair, I used Citadel Carroburg Crimson shade (a dark red). The skin is Citadel Casandora Yellow Shade, the dress is old Citadel Blue glaze (red flip-cap hex pot) and ditto Turquoise glaze. Taking care to draw off any pooling and to avoid unsightly tide marks by smoothing with a damp brush while wet. The aim is to tint the translucent plastic, not sp much paint over it, or even "shade" it. Not sure how pleased I am with the results here. I think the results could have been much better if the plastic was clear not green tinged.

77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Translucent green Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
    • By HolkDiggity
      I sort of fell off the WIP thread because life made this take longer than I had originally intended. The minis are by Bombshell, and I have to say that they were a pleasure to paint. I will be picking up a few more at ReaperCon, for sure.
      The scenery is by Secret Weapon, Shadow's Edge, and Woodland Scenics. The base is from a cheap 3 pack from Michael's. All paint is from Reaper.
      I'll probably end up staining or painting the base, but I haven't yet decided which way to go with it.
      It feels really good to finish something for the MSPOpen. In hindsight, I probably should've started with something smaller, and worked my way up to this, but meh. I'm pretty proud of this.

• By Maledrakh
      This minis was a kickstarter exclusive from the Mantic Kings of War second edition campaign in 2014.
      "Blaine" is a Mantic mascot of sorts. and there has been a version of him in all their own IP kickstarters apart from the vey first Kings of War. So here is him as the Fantasy Tyrant King.

A resin special mini, there were some problems with delivery and I heard several backers never got their Blaine for some reason or other.
      I have not really had any delivery problems to speak of from any of the many Mantic kickstarters I have backed, and I obviosly got my Blaine with my shipment at the time.

I used a bespoke 3D printed 25x50mm oval base, In retrospect I probably should have gone with a slightly larger base as it does seem a little small.

This picture illustrates the smaller Mantic truscale as opposed to the larger Reaper heroic scale.

Tyrant King Blaine on Raptor
      from the Kings of War second edition kickstarter, 2014
      Mantic Entertainment
      Resin, multipart
      25x50mm base
      Kickstarter exclusive model
    • By Maledrakh
      Back in 2013 I came across a kickstarter campaign called "Heroes of the Dwarfs" by a small start up company called Oathsworn. The creator sculpted the models himself, and the greens on display were very oldhammery and full of character. I went in for a massive three minis, being a bit cautious at the time, what with this being a new company and all.
      They delivered in a timely fashion, the minis were great quality, and I have backed 13 out of 14 of Oathsworns campaigns since then. They continue to crank out the good stuff. They are on my short list of trusted creators, A+ will back again.

Ingrid Deathseeker is basically your female beardless Trollslayer.

I used one of my bespoke 3D printed 25mm round lipped bases for her.

Ingrid Deathseeker
      from the Heroes of the Dwarfs kickstarter, 2013
      Oathsworn Miniatures
      Sculpted by Michael Lovejoy
      metal, single piece casting
      25mm base
    • By Maledrakh
      From the second Bones kickstarter, the Sea Hag:

A very simple but effective paint job. I started with a black undercoat with a heavy-ish light grey zenithal primer on. I slapped some Vallejo Nocturna Natural Flesh on the lower rags and Scale75 Arbuckles Brown on the top rags. Then I sloshed CItadel Athonian Camoshade all over it, drawing off most pooling to avoid those tidemarks. Very light drybrysh with Vallejo Nocturna Cold Flesh when dry.
      The hair got a coat of Vallejo Nocturna Pale Flesh followed by Army Painter Dark Tone Quickshade Ink. Eyes get a dot of Citadel Wazdakka Red followed by a smaller dot of Citadel Flash Gitz Yellow.
      Base and done.
      Even though this mini is billed as a Sea Hag and she does have a slight fishy look about her, I am thinking she will be joining my Ghoul army as some sort of subleader.

"Who be this tender morsel? Come to Meg, juicy boy! What a fine fat boy you are!"

77276 Sea Hag
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)