Sign in to follow this  
TGP

3099: Klaus Copperthumb (Cloaked Dwarf Thief) & Friends

C459D666-89CA-4E5D-A900-4BFEB4503D55_zps
These are my February Resolution Challenge figures. I solemnly swear I will find better info on them and get the thread tagged and titled properly on later edits (E2A: nearly there).

Last minute, last day, 'what is sitting around on the paint bench that I could finish up?' figures, all of them. So, anyway...

...A mummy, a golem, an archer and a dwarf walk into a bar.

77144: Mummy:
He is from Bones II. Slathered in Grey Liner. Wet brushed with a mixture of clay brown leather "Custom Color" and "Ginger Cookie" (which does not look ginger at all) then washed with some much thinned "Brown Liner".

2777: Earth Elemental:
This guy (turns out he was not a golem) has been sitting around with only a coat of some brownish spray primer for the longest time. I painted Custom Color mystery brown, Ginger Cookie, and Brown Liner on him until he looked sorta finished. He will need something done to the rest of his base at some point, not sure what.

Plastic Archer:
This is Miles. A never quite finished GW archer (until the 28th of Feb).

3099: Klaus Copperthumb Dwarf Thief:
Klaus is a Reaper figure but he did not turn up using either thief+cloak+dagger OR dwarf+cloak+dagger in the store search. Bit of a disappointment that. I should have tried dwarf+thief+cloak, that would have worked. He was mostly done but needed some touch up where paint had worn away from handling and some extra shading. I don't think I have his cousins Quimby or Lydia.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 19

"...A mummy, a golem, an archer and a dwarf walk into a bar."

they all say, "ouch".     (of course!)  ; )

Nice work!

of course the base of the earth elemental needs ruble!

nice paints - isn't it funny how we end up working on unlikely compatriots at teh same time?

of course the base of the earth elemental needs rubble!

nice paints - isn't it funny how we end up working on unlikely compatriots at the same time?

I need to find some rubble that will be a similar color.

In this case I grabbed things that were close to done and what to paint next was sometimes determined by, 'how and on what can I use up this paint before it dries?'

As I've just received my Bones II (with four of those mummies), I'll use your mummy as an inspiration ...

Thanks. Maybe I should send him into the inspiration gallery...after I base him.
  • Like 1

Great job! Nice job on all. The what can I use the rest of this paint on before it dries up conundrum, is how I ended up with an embarrassing amount of partially painted minis.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Another 3D print today, this time from Lost Kingdom Miniatures current (October 2020) Patreon release. The Canopic Sorcerer

More info, pictures and awful puns below.

• By Peithetairos
      An older miniature I started years ago, but finished recently. I think it was mostly the weapons (shading) and dirty shirt missing. I would say the paint job is average, but I do like the miniature.

I decided to go for a simple, but interesting base, featuring a Nolzur's bottle and Thomarillion barrel. 

• By MoonglowMinis
      The last of my player characters I painted up for Frostrun is Ophelia Pokitz, a young halfling with sticky fingers.  They're represented here by Bailey Silverbell.

Ophelia was a fun mini as well.  Was my first time painting a humanoid with large facial features, which made it a lot easier to bring definition to the nose, lips, and eyes.  I think I even hit the cheeks with a bit of blush.  I also had fun trying to make their cloak look like it was made of fur.  The result is acceptable, but might also just look snow covered.  You can be the judge.  I also enjoyed painting a rogue that was both colorful, but subdued.  The dark greens and magentas add some much needed life to the otherwise dark mini, in my opinion.

More Photos beneath the spoiler:

Ophelia Pokitz is what you would call a troubled teen.  Orphaned at a young age, Ophelia spent much of their childhood passing from orphanage to orphanage, always finding a way to get kicked out.  They eventually left the system and struck out on their own, traveling to some of the larger cities in search of a better life.  Over the years, Ophelia has learned to use their small size and tiny hands to "reposes" any valuables that aren't bolted down.  This habit has put them on a wanted list in many towns across the countryside.  Pushed further north, Ophelia has found themselves in the town of Harpy's Hearth.  Ignorant of their southern reputation, and full of gold-carrying adventurers, this could be a great place for Ophelia to catch a break and line their own pockets.  It could also be a great place to find a new family.  If they can survive the darkness to come.

Read their story and check out the rest of the Frostrun project HERE.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      The flickering glow of the torchlight illuminates the dusty, hieroglyphic-covered walls of the forgotten tomb.  Moonglow clings to his hat as he carefully scans for signs of the hidden entrance.  A small indentation betrays the location of a door in the stone wall.  Carefully, the adventurer pushes his way through.

The room is barren and dark, except for a single pillar of light shining down upon a small pedestal.  On top sits a small box.

Moonglow carefully crosses the chamber and approaches the box.  He lifts the lid and peers inside.

"Ah, there's my old minis!"

Who's Your Mummy?

Today I felt like sharing some more of my older work that hasn't been posted on the forums yet.  This time it's the Bones mummies that are getting the spotlight.

These mummies were one of my first large painting projects.  It seemed impressive at the time to be working on 8 things simultaneously.  They're a bit dusty from all the drybrushing, but I think they look the part, and I'm a fan of the red-gold color scheme I settled on.

More Photos beneath the spoiler:

These were a fun little set and were perfect adversaries when my players visited the City of Time and sought to stop a Lich's return to power.  After failing once an resetting the clock, they had to fight their way through a mummy-filled temple complete with crawling claws and sand-filling rooms to stop the Mummy Lord from returning to his former Lich status.

What's your favorite mummy encounter?
    • By deathly halliwell
      Hi folks, 
      I recently painted up the dark dwarves (and Margara, dwarf shaman) as some duergar. Heavily inspired by Dr. Faust's Painting Clinic duergar streams for the skin. 
      Only one picture, but may take more if there's interest. :)

• Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)