Sign in to follow this  
TGP

3099: Klaus Copperthumb (Cloaked Dwarf Thief) & Friends

C459D666-89CA-4E5D-A900-4BFEB4503D55_zps
These are my February Resolution Challenge figures. I solemnly swear I will find better info on them and get the thread tagged and titled properly on later edits (E2A: nearly there).

Last minute, last day, 'what is sitting around on the paint bench that I could finish up?' figures, all of them. So, anyway...

...A mummy, a golem, an archer and a dwarf walk into a bar.

77144: Mummy:
He is from Bones II. Slathered in Grey Liner. Wet brushed with a mixture of clay brown leather "Custom Color" and "Ginger Cookie" (which does not look ginger at all) then washed with some much thinned "Brown Liner".

2777: Earth Elemental:
This guy (turns out he was not a golem) has been sitting around with only a coat of some brownish spray primer for the longest time. I painted Custom Color mystery brown, Ginger Cookie, and Brown Liner on him until he looked sorta finished. He will need something done to the rest of his base at some point, not sure what.

Plastic Archer:
This is Miles. A never quite finished GW archer (until the 28th of Feb).

3099: Klaus Copperthumb Dwarf Thief:
Klaus is a Reaper figure but he did not turn up using either thief+cloak+dagger OR dwarf+cloak+dagger in the store search. Bit of a disappointment that. I should have tried dwarf+thief+cloak, that would have worked. He was mostly done but needed some touch up where paint had worn away from handling and some extra shading. I don't think I have his cousins Quimby or Lydia.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 19

"...A mummy, a golem, an archer and a dwarf walk into a bar."

they all say, "ouch".     (of course!)  ; )

Nice work!

of course the base of the earth elemental needs ruble!

nice paints - isn't it funny how we end up working on unlikely compatriots at teh same time?

of course the base of the earth elemental needs rubble!

nice paints - isn't it funny how we end up working on unlikely compatriots at the same time?

I need to find some rubble that will be a similar color.

In this case I grabbed things that were close to done and what to paint next was sometimes determined by, 'how and on what can I use up this paint before it dries?'

As I've just received my Bones II (with four of those mummies), I'll use your mummy as an inspiration ...

Thanks. Maybe I should send him into the inspiration gallery...after I base him.
  • Like 1

Great job! Nice job on all. The what can I use the rest of this paint on before it dries up conundrum, is how I ended up with an embarrassing amount of partially painted minis.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this