C459D666-89CA-4E5D-A900-4BFEB4503D55_zps
These are my February Resolution Challenge figures. I solemnly swear I will find better info on them and get the thread tagged and titled properly on later edits (E2A: nearly there).

Last minute, last day, 'what is sitting around on the paint bench that I could finish up?' figures, all of them. So, anyway...

...A mummy, a golem, an archer and a dwarf walk into a bar.

77144: Mummy:
He is from Bones II. Slathered in Grey Liner. Wet brushed with a mixture of clay brown leather "Custom Color" and "Ginger Cookie" (which does not look ginger at all) then washed with some much thinned "Brown Liner".

2777: Earth Elemental:
This guy (turns out he was not a golem) has been sitting around with only a coat of some brownish spray primer for the longest time. I painted Custom Color mystery brown, Ginger Cookie, and Brown Liner on him until he looked sorta finished. He will need something done to the rest of his base at some point, not sure what.

Plastic Archer:
This is Miles. A never quite finished GW archer (until the 28th of Feb).

3099: Klaus Copperthumb Dwarf Thief:
Klaus is a Reaper figure but he did not turn up using either thief+cloak+dagger OR dwarf+cloak+dagger in the store search. Bit of a disappointment that. I should have tried dwarf+thief+cloak, that would have worked. He was mostly done but needed some touch up where paint had worn away from handling and some extra shading. I don't think I have his cousins Quimby or Lydia.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 19
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

of course the base of the earth elemental needs rubble!

nice paints - isn't it funny how we end up working on unlikely compatriots at the same time?

I need to find some rubble that will be a similar color.

In this case I grabbed things that were close to done and what to paint next was sometimes determined by, 'how and on what can I use up this paint before it dries?'

As I've just received my Bones II (with four of those mummies), I'll use your mummy as an inspiration ...

Thanks. Maybe I should send him into the inspiration gallery...after I base him.
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign.  The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset. 

My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character.  I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos).  He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner.  Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.

His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him:

• By Iridil
      And a third NPC - his day job is boatswain, so I wanted the armor to not be full plate.... he's currently helping the party do a fetch quest for the captain. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got out for what I put in - but I do notice I seem to have forgotten his eyebrows!

• By Chris Palmer
      I purchased a pair of the Bones 5 The Dwarf King's Crypt Encounter set as I wanted pairs of a number of the set's scenery items, as well as double the number of the Dwarf Zombies and Dwarf Fighters.
           One of the scenery items from the set that I was most looking forward to having a pair of, was the tomb; as I wanted to convert one to be the tombs to be for a Dwarf Queen, to go along with the Dwarf King's tomb.
           First thing I would need was a suitable Bones Female Dwarf figure to use as the tomb cover's carving; as I did not trust my ability to sculpt one from scratch.   I was not sure what figure to use, as so many of the ones I had, or looked at in the online store, were posed somewhat dynamically.  Then, as fate would have it, I came across one of the Gwyddis, Dwarf Valkyrie figures, and realized it was perfect.

While I was doing the conversion, I also took the time to drill and magnetize the lid of the tomb, so it will stay in place during storage and transport.

For step by step post on how I did the convserion, please see my blog: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2021/10/dwarf-queen-and-king-crypts-bones-5.html

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and looking forward to painting it up.

• By Inarah
      Merisiel, Iconic Rogue.  The original artwork is very good but this is one of the early Bones models that did not translate well to the medium.   She flops over, the weapons did not come out well, and much of her detail is guesswork.  I even had to sculpt her a nose because she didn't come with one.  I tried to follow the artwork more or less, but it wasn't worth the effort to spend too much time on her. 

• By Krassling
      I am Working on my Adventuring kids. I liked the idea of having these Minis for my Kids.
      Currently it is the thief. Well, my Girls dont like thieves so much, so it will be more something else. We will see.

I startet with some green. Looked a little scary. 

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)