Sign in to follow this  
Bathory

77363: Deva Bones KS II

Hmm, that's a tiny image; I can't really see what's going on. Any chance you could post a bigger one? (The wings do look really cool though.)

"Fallen Angel", perhaps?  I really, really like how you did the black, it looks very classically demonic.  The red sets it off well, and the wings look appropriately feathery. 

A slightly larger picture would be nice, it looks like there's some good detail in there and it's pretty hard to see.  Neat concept, thanks for sharing it!  ^_^

Well, if it won't go the way you want it, try pushing it every other way until something finally works... A lot of my best work has come after finally giving up on pieces and just going in some completely random or opposite direction either out of spite or just to get some paint on it and call it done.

I really love this.  She always seemed a little too... intense, for the classic angelic look to me anyway.  Like those above me, I'd love to be able to see her closer.

That slightly larger picture is a little better, but really, some close-ups would be great. If you stick to just the one photo, I'd want it to be at least twice, maybe three times as big as that in order to start seeing the details. That said, from the picture we have now, I can definitely tell that the blues and reds are very nice, as are the metallics. Very good shading on the wings. The whites look a little washed out, but I bet that's just the photo.

• Like 1

I love this so much, you don't even know!!!!! The wings are beautiful and your decision to paint half the face that way gives it a lot of character.

Seconded, I love this. She is one of the ones I am not getting in Bones 2 and I am crushed because I love her. You did a great job, the wings are stunning. Maybe her face being off is a good thing, the way you painted it is certainly going to be unique, love the disturbing feeling of looking at something crying blood!

Thanks everyone :)

Due to my poor lighting and crappy set up I can't get a picture where the white doesn't look over white and horrible.

That being said, I overworked the white anyways and was making the skin look progressively worse. So a detailed pic probably wouldn't help.

I managed to wiggle the wings out then reattach. Much easier to paint in seperate pieces.

I think I need to get better lights. I made a cheap lighbox but things still look bad in it.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone :)

Due to my poor lighting and crappy set up I can't get a picture where the white doesn't look over white and horrible.

That being said, I overworked the white anyways and was making the skin look progressively worse. So a detailed pic probably wouldn't help.

I managed to wiggle the wings out then reattach. Much easier to paint in seperate pieces.

I think I need to get better lights. I made a cheap lighbox but things still look bad in it.

I was wondering how I was going to paint this. The wings really look in the way for painting. Since it came pre glued i was thinking of breaking the wings off to paint then gluing them back on.

She's pretty awesome, very well done. The miscast face may have been a blessing in disguise, your fix for it as well as your choice of color gives her a wonderful demonic look.