Flamehawke

77323: Blightfang

Very colourful. That is a 1:1 scale model of a dragon fairy from the days of AD&D.

dangit. Now I need to figure out giant sized butterfly wings.....

• Like 2

I love how the Bones price point for dragons is resulting in a lot more creativity in how they're painted.  She almost looks like a construct made by a druid out of forest materials.  ^_^ 

• Like 3

If it helps the dragon she will represent is actually connected to her forest and she guards it fiercely. She is from the Fae Realms and her colors shift to match the season just as the forest does.

I may have to buy 3 more for each of her 3 color shifts...

Good luck SR on that as I have not seen any. You may have to sculpt them...

I am glad people like her.

• Like 2

I have an idea. A few years back, I actually posted something about doing fairy and butterfly wings using that cellophane foil stuff that is used for wrapping flowers and stuffing gift baskets and such.

Anyway. On the subject of YOUR dragon. I love it, and definatly encourage you to do the other seasons. That's a very cool idea.

• Like 1

I'll have to wait and see the price point of her when she is in retail.

It may happen as mom wanted another Griffon purchased for me to do another Raptor

• Like 1

Very nice!

But how am I going to blatantly copy you with pictures that small? Do you have bigger pictures?

Yes I do have bigger pictures of her and they are all neatly stored on my computer. Are you saying I should put up a much larger version of the picture?

Very nice!

But how am I going to blatantly copy you with pictures that small? Do you have bigger pictures?

Yes I do have bigger pictures of her and they are all neatly stored on my computer. Are you saying I should put up a much larger version of the picture?
He might be saying it , but I WILL say it. Need bigger pictures. I like the wing, but not sure about the body. It is a cool concept, I am just not sure without the bigger pictures. Please and Thank you.
  • Like 2

Alright. I'll do invidual in hopes it will work better this way. I will spoiler each picture to keep the post from stretching too much

IMG_0013_zps95nu0wci.jpg

IMG_0012_zpsel7ta1xd.jpg

IMG_0011_zps8tpmym4i.jpg

IMG_0010_zpshopk3lcm.jpg

IMG_0009_zps0szjsm7t.jpg

This one is really blurry. I only kept it as it showed the tail tip better

IMG_0008_zps96syewdx.jpg

IMG_0005_zpsjia3nqpo.jpg

Blightfang_zpsu6q10gsq.jpg

• Like 6

Yay!! Bigger pictures! Thank you!

Those are the original ones I took of her to make the collage of her. I'll see if I can make them larger in the future, the collages that is

Nice job, making the dragon work with such colourful dots. :)  The wings are great, too.

I would advice giving it a very thin wash of a light earth-shade, though. I believe it would blend the scales, and increase the level of detail. 

• Like 1