14554: Kragmarr Dwarf Captain

Jaws

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The background lighting and reflection makes it difficult to see the figure.

Could you try taking pictures with a backdrop? Even a sheet of plain white paper or single colour piece of fabric can do the trick.

I only have a mobile camera. It doesn't seem to capture the colors in a realistic way no matter how I do it. I also don't have any decent lightning for taking pictures. 

I'd appreciate advice on how to take better pictures, but a new camera is not in the budget. :P 

Edited by Jaws

I take my pics with my iPhone. Go check out Doug's Miniature photography 101 thread.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/55357-miniatures-photography-101/?fromsearch=1

Took some advice from there. How is this in comparison?

I feel it is better, but the colors are still not there. At least you should be able to make out the miniature properly. His beard is brown, not yellow for instance. ANd definitely not the same color as the skin. Which at least to my eyes, it seems to be in the picture. :P

post-13938-0-76145500-1425376151_thumb.jpgpost-13938-0-37579500-1425377344_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jaws
  • Like 6