I'm having the first holiday of the year with the family and have gone to a Center parcs in the UK. With the Bones 2 still in transit I have decided to take a limited amount of equipment away with me to paint.

I recently based and undercoated some of the Orc and so decided to take these along, as I wouldn't need that many colours.

So far I have put the skin basecoat on and painted the chain mail black, sometimes I think I should prime in black.

Some photos to follow.

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a quick few shots I have managed to take. As you can probably guess the lighting isn't great. As you can see this is a bit of a batch painting process. 2 snipers and 4 marauders.

16529716578_760e596fdb_c.jpg

This is a better closeup of the work so far.

16691386466_bc9afba824_c.jpg

Some of the detail seems to be missing on these marauders. In particular how some of the armour is actually kept on the models. I can see the outline of some straps over both shoulders so I have added a bit too them.

Here are the two snipers. Not much armour showing here. But quite a lot of fur. I think I will try and do a different pattern on the fur.

16510012497_d115c6b698_c.jpg

As always comments welcome.

• Like 2

Ah, Centre Parcs, brings back memories, though i never took minis to paint.

Nice looking orcs, what size bases have you used?

Yup Centre Parcs has its advantages with two small kids (out of half term of course)

The bases are 40mm ones I had to trim small amounts off the bases but they seem to fit fine.

Looking good so far! I like that yellow/sand color you have going there. I'm eager to see what you do with it.

The yellow/sand colour is the bleached bone army painter spay paint I under coated them in. I was thinking of some sort of tiger like fur so I could use it as a base colour I suppose.

• Like 1

It's been a few days on this thread and I have made some progress on these group of models. The plan was to finish these before my Bones 2 arrived but this never happened. So the plan now is to finish these BEFORE I can start any more. (prepping and basing doesn't count)

Anyway here is a photo following the first set of metal drybrushing.

16177203723_70814b62cc_c.jpg

More progress has been made with these models, although I have not finished the basecoats yet.

Comments or suggestions welcome.

• Like 1

Some touch ups on the skin and some more work on the models. Here is a few shots with the fur basecoats.

16639114979_76b88c1875_c.jpg

16637013188_da09ec2c2e_c.jpg

16638461819_b9e2b25dfc_c.jpg

16823465512_796dbaa8c0_c.jpg

Hopefully I can get the remaining base coats on tonight and finish these models over the next week.

As always thanks for looking.

• Like 1