Getting To Know Each Other — March 2015

TGP

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got behind on this myself Noturne, don't feel bad.  And your catch up, helped make mine easier, I could just quote your post and edit your answers out :lol:

2. Do you own a hat? ....not counting cold-weather gear, but a proper hat? A hat worn for looks, habit, style, fashion or just because...

I have a bunch of baseball caps.  All local sports affiliated.  Plus a couple Reaper and CAV hats, and a pair of Guinness hats.  I have 2 wide brimmed hats for outside work, hiking, etc.  My other hats are for cold weather, like the rabbit fur lined leather bomber.

3. How many loose tentacles do you have in your bit parts box, stash, or drawer?

Too numerous to count.  My last massive foray into the Boneyard at Reapercon involved just grabbing handfuls of conversion bits.  Tentacles were one of those because the local campaign was scheduled to involve many aberrations.

4&5. Is there a race or two of fantasy creatures not included in your collections? A creature type you avoid?

There is nothing I specifically exclude.  If it's a cool sculpt, or it's needed, I will get it.  Probably the most under-represented type though are anthros.  I don't have a bunch of humanoids with critter features other than a handful of traditional lycanthropes.

6. A question inspired by the Great Frog himself: What is your usual, preferred or goto brand of superglue?

Gorilla Glue > Loctite > Zap-a-gap based on availability.

7&8. Given a choice of any Bones2 mini from either the Core Set or Expansion #2, What would be your choice of a model to paint mostly in shades of green?

I think one of my Khanjira will likely involve a great deal of Green.  Blightfang as well.

9. Daylight Shenanigans Time1 some love it others hate it. Did it trip you up on Sunday? ...cause arrival somewhere to be an hour too late? ...miss a show? Etc.

Didn't miss a thing.  Just tired because I really hate that loss of sleep.  And I hate waking up now and it being so dark out.  I like the sunlight in the morning.  It helps me wake up and be functional.

• Like 4

We've been on daylight savings time since September over here, and it's going to end in about a month. The change never really bothered me, but I do very much enjoy the beginning of daylight savings as it means summer is on the way and soon enough it'll only just be starting to get dark at 10pm.

9. Daylight Shenanigans Time1 some love it others hate it. Did it trip you up on Sunday? ...cause arrival somewhere to be an hour too late? ...miss a show? Etc.

No, it literally saved my bacon. I overslept and was late for brunch, but so did the people who set alarms.

Weekend question:

Um... Blightfang, I guess?

I already painted up my Bones 1 Deathsleet as a green dragon, but I might still use that color for Blighting. We'll see.

Daylight Saving:

It did not trip me up, and I was mostly prepared for it, but I hate the idea and want it to stop. It is especially obnoxious when you live at the extreme edge of a time zone, such as those of us in the Northeastern U.S.

Personally, I would be happier if New England could simply switch to Atlantic Standard Time permanently and never change the clocks. ::P:

ETA: In modern times, I have so many auto-updating computer clocks, that I pretty much only have to update my thermostat and microwave anyway.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 1

Question for March...

1. TM – Chaoswolf (I think) all rights reserved.

Nope. I am perpetually irritated about the missing hour of sleep, though. And every year, I miss a few students whose parents were not on top of things... Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 2

I own many hats. Baseball caps, beanies, regular hats. I am bald and live in Australia.

I own few tentacles, sadly.

Daylight savings time is Satan himself when you're working to the sun/daylight hours (ie., farming), these days for me it's just irritatingly arbitrary.

Critter shortages? Wellll.... I seem to have a surprisingly wide range now. I am short of everything that is not available in Bonesium :)  Notably Gnome Beetle Riders!

Lessee.... paint in green.... dunno. Green and me don't always get along.

SUPERGLUE! Gorilla and Loctite, plus lots and lots of cheapie-shop junk superglue, which I use for basing.

• Like 1

DST claimed me as a victim this morning.  I was getting used to a certain amount of light in the morning sky when I wake up, so when my alarm went off, I turned it off, saw that it was clearly too dark to be the correct waking time and fell back asleep...luckily, my toddler fussed about 45 minutes later, which was enough for me to look at the clock and realize I needed to shift into high gear, pronto.  Ended up only 15 minutes later than usual to work (the traffic gods smiled upon me).

Question for March...

1. TM – Chaoswolf (I think) all rights reserved.

Ugh. I slept til "New 4am" and woke up mad that it wasn't later. It felt later.