Getting To Know Each Other — March 2015

TGP

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekend Question for March...

7&8. Given a choice of any Bones2 mini from either the Core Set or Expansion #2, What would be your choice of a model to paint mostly in shades of green?

Yes, this relates to the March Paint Challenge bonus miniature/St. Patrick's day.

Yes, it happens the quizitor is pondering this very question and will appreciate and benefit from the input of one and all.

I guess the Dracolisk, Frog Demon, and/or Swamp things.

Whatever I happen to have bought last and hasn't dried out.

While there are some brands out there that do work better, I've noticed that unless I buy them right before I go on a gluing binge (such as when Bones and Bones II arrived), the bottle/tube goes bad/gets the top glued on or something like that before I'm half way through with it.

So I just buy what I see when I see it when I need it.

I used to have this problem all the time too until someone told me to "burp" the glue ie to clear out the tip of the nozzle by holding the glue upright and squeezing it so that excess glue in the nozzle gets pushed out and can be wiped off.  This helps to keep the nozzle clear and has helped me draw out the usage of my glue bottles.

Not sure if you are having the same problem but worth a try if you don't do this normally.

Question for March...

9. Daylight Shenanigans Time1 some love it others hate it. Did it trip you up on Sunday? ...cause arrival somewhere to be an hour too late? ...miss a show? Etc.

1. TM – Chaoswolf (I think) all rights reserved.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

Question for March...

9. Daylight Shenanigans Time1 some love it others hate it. Did it trip you up on Sunday? ...cause arrival somewhere to be an hour too late? ...miss a show? Etc.

I was awake for it, so it didn't bug me at all. It just made the end of my shift arrive all the sooner. ::P:

I was awake for it, so it didn't bug me at all. It just made the end of my shift arrive all the sooner. ::P:

Did they pay you for one less hour?

Well, I only technically worked for seven hours, so I only get paid for seven. On the other hand, in the fall, if I worked daylight savings I'd get paid for nine hours (overtime). But unless weekend girl happens to ask for that Saturday off, I won't be working that Saturday.

Question for March...

No problems for me.  Great thing with Hong Kong is that we don't have DST adjustments.  ::):

I'm doing a catch up and you can't stop me.

2. Do you own a hat? ....not counting cold-weather gear, but a proper hat? A hat worn for looks, habit, style, fashion or just because...

A couple but mostly costume hats. Top Hat for the Penguin, a replica I made of the spikey egg shell helmet worn by Yangus in Dragon Quest 8, a replica of Beond the Grave's cowboy hat from the Gungrave games and a straw hat I took off the table from a works Christmas party (I want to clarify they were put there by the organisers on each table, I didn't steal someone's hat).

3. How many loose tentacles do you have in your bit parts box, stash, or drawer?

I don't think I've got lots but definately a few floating round from a couple of chaos kits. I do have a load of spare Skaven tails though from the older troop boxes which can do double duty at tentaces when not attached to a ratmans butt.

Question for March

4&5. Is there a race or two of fantasy creatures not included in your collections? A creature type you avoid?

None that I specifically avoid but I am generally not a fan of Dwarfs... or Dwarves.

6. A question inspired by the Great Frog himself: What is your usual, preferred or goto brand of superglue?

Loctite. I did buy a new bottle last week and considered trying something else like Goilla but the nearest hobby crafts store only had Loctite or cheapo own brand in small squeey tubes so stuck to loctite.

7&8. Given a choice of any Bones2 mini from either the Core Set or Expansion #2, What would be your choice of a model to paint mostly in shades of green?

Green is a weak colour for me, I tend to avoid it (I say after having painting 4 guys in green robes) and I didn't get expansion 2, so fom the Core Set I'd say the River Troll.

Our clocks go forward the end of this month on the 29th. It usually doesn't throw me other the annoyance of losing an hour of sleep. The hour we get back in October though is the same Weekend of the comics convention I go to in London. By the Saturday night the extra hour in bed is very much needed.

• Like 1