GW Warriors of Minas Tirith – Swordsman Units 1 and 2

scipio.au

Related to my previous post showing my first unit of Gondor Spearmen, here are my first two units of Swordsmen. They used to be three units, but I combined two into the larger unit.

These guys were painted last year, making up a decent chunk of the models I painted. As I've said, I wanted to avoid showing them individually (or at all) until I had more to show. Now that I've shown some of them recently, I figure I may as well start to show them off here on the blog to help motivate myself to get the army finished. I've got two units of swordsmen finished so far for Kings of War - one set up as a Regiment, and one as a Horde.

IMG_2859_zpsi0stjgej.jpg
Everything I said about painting them previously applied and applies just as much to these guys, as well as the ones I've still got to paint.

IMG_2862_zpsjoatykqg.jpg
For Horde-sized units, I just double the number of models I use for a regiment. In this case 12->20 becomes 24->40. I think it still works, especially on the tabletop.

IMG_2864_zpskxtxfkrr.jpg
My two units of Sword-Armed Warriors of Minas Tirith

• Like 19

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a mix of things - I've got some of the older, discontinued GW trays (which is what the unit of 12 is mounted on), the newer versions of essentially the same thing from Renedra and some thick card, which is what I've been basing everything else on, from the larger units to 3 or 6 Ogres, or cavalry units.

Edited by CashWiley
Removed commerce link
  • Like 1