Jabber's ReaperCon WIP

He looks like he is up to something.

Which might be why the guard has his pointing and the panda has her weapon out.  I imagine a young padawan can cause quite a bit of havok.  Which if my nephews (2 & 4) are any indications of possible havoc, I'm surprised he isn't firing.

They're coming along great. I like the green.

Edited by Silvervane
  • Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more work on the contrast. My main antagonist arrived today and I immediately got to work on her. There is more to come, but my first goal was to get the weapons swapped out. I think the length of the blades is satisfactory or are they too long? If you look closely at the blades, you'll see which part of the conversion is coming next... ::):

post-1542-0-62120700-1428562870.jpg

post-1542-0-85832800-1428562870.jpg

post-1542-0-34061000-1428562888_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 11

Most lightsabers and all Olympic fencing weapons fit snugly in the 105-110 cm range (measured from pommel to tip of blade), and this tends to be be perfect for a one-handed weapon.  Essentially, that translates into a weapon that extends from the ground to approximately the waist of the wielder.  That would make these a little long, as they appear to come up to her lower ribs, but (since not everyone is the same height) I think they will work just fine on her.

• Like 1

I don't know--as much as the panda had the painting mojo flowing, this one isn't...I am happy with the conversion, but the paint just isn't coming together as I am imagining. There are some rough spots on the paint, I missed a mold line that I needed to correct, the eyes are giving me fits. Perhaps I am just at that the "this looks like *#@%" stage of the model. And I still haven't started on the base! Eep! I've been sitting on the fence with how to proceed. The concept will be the "The Great Jedi Purge", where the Jedi were nearly eradicated after Order 66. I have been going back and forth on whether I should keep it totally sci fi with the basing, do a ruins kind of look, or something in an academy sort of setting.

• Like 2