Sign in to follow this  
TGP

2904: Witch w/o Staff & 3547: Juliette, Wizard (Bones 77057?) and some friends [RPC]

I think I have not ever done a WiP thread (on this board), or if I have I don't remember it.

This batch of figures are what got worked on for the February Leg of the Resolutionary Paint Challenge but didn't get finished -or- they were just hanging around partly painted of the painting desk. In short: candidates to finish for March.

5BE43679-A700-4F3A-AC7C-45B7625CC6A7_zps

The little witch with the green hands is part of a four piece pack. She is missing the top of her staff (maybe it went in the cauldron). Juliette is not really 3547, she is really the bones version, but there is no 77xxx number for her that I can find.

The human archers started off primed white then two of them got an experimental blue mixed from one of the dark blues and Sky Blue. I also experimented with my new yellow paints on two of them,

More about the Sky Blue next post.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3

Your link doesn't load to anywhere. :(

I know. I am working to fix it. I am attempting to post from a laptop. I am doing exactly what I do on the phone, in the very same browser, only it fails.  :angry: 

E2A: Photobucket seems to be borked...  :grr:  :grr: ...but I think I fixed it.

Edited by TGP

So, while doing the blue on those archers there was a set back. I destroyed the cap on the Sky Blue. One twist is all it took. It crumbled.  :huh: ...like it was old and brittle. Elemental and the dwarf thief inspect the damage and the taping job....

73540E8E-D53F-470B-A256-F90D5081B7AD_zps

A visit to the EERGS1 netted a replacement part.   1. Exceedingly Excellent Reaper Game Store

B4285A8A-F8E5-4131-BC48-EDC49F9B1284_zps

And here is the mummy and the thief once again. Not sure which one unwrapped the tape but right after this the new cap went on and the Sky Blue was saved.  ::):

With that fixed I can decide which one to work on next. None of the figs in the first post really lend themselves to being all green which is an extra goal for March. Something all green.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

That worked out, but wondering if the picture was meant for your other thread about your lid. XD

--- edit ---

I should be sleeping but bugging you with questions seems entertaining at this moment of time. (^__^)

Edited by pcktlnt

That worked out, but wondering if the picture was meant for your other thread about your lid. XD

--- edit ---

I should be sleeping but bugging you with questions seems entertaining at this moment of time. (^__^)

I kinda of did crash anyways...

I did use those blue paint bottle pix in the other thread—for lack of having a progress thread—but they were the paint distraction preventing progress, so they got photographed. :mellow:

Last month I did a Green/Green camo skink. Poor little bow shooting skinks...they officially don't exist anymore in their home world. ::(:

Oooh! A skink. Juliette is 77057 in Bones.

She seems to be gone from the online store. I did some digging around in the paint room and took this picture I will call: A Study in Green.

0FE3D16F-0A34-4E0E-A99D-9B58654A767E_zps

I am almost annoyed at Zeke since I already did a green mini in January. There he is — upper right. A skink—in camo.

I found a Games Workshop DinoDragon [?] Pterotops [??] that somebody has already primed green for me. (It was that way when I got it. I suspect it was blasted with "Goblin Green" GW brand spray paint.) He has a mechanical problem. His flight base peg is too thick for the hole in his chest and worse it won't balance on that point. The CG for the winged guy is about 3/4 of an inch aft. Hence the need for a dice tower.