Inarah

Bones2 Beauty Pageant -- Sea Priest

The time has come to choose a new High Priest. All regional sea priests are invited to come forward as candidates.  Interviews will be held nightly at the Temple of Dragon. 

Reaper Bones2 Beauty Pageant

Mar-Apr 2015

The challenge: 

1. paint #92620 Evil High Sea Priest, or #3614 (the resin version) OR #3592 Sea Priest of Maersuluth. Modifications are allowed. 

2. (optional) Include a short paragraph of fictional backstory for your entrant. Be creative and have fun with this. 

3. Post your entry to this thread by midnight CST on May 4, 2015.  Anyone can enter at any time before this deadline. 

Remember, have fun with it. Try not to worry about "rules" too much. Paint the figure. Mod it if you like. Get creative. 

The following week I will set up a poll and entrants will be able to vote on which figure best represents the cult.  

Please, no chatter on this thread, entries only! 
If you have questions or need help, please post in the discussion thread.

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 3

post-13965-0-89843900-1427861695_thumb.jpgpost-13965-0-00704800-1427861668_thumb.jpg

From the deep dark depth of the ocean, the angler roamed the furthest reaches of the ocean, miles under the water in the darkest depths.  It was an awesome idea, dressing one's self as this horrifying creature, with large sharp teeth and massive jaws.  Luring victims close enough to bite with that tantalizing light that dangles in front of it closer and closer, until it was too late.  This was the perfect fish to base his outfit off of.

"GAH, I'M BLIND, STUPID LIGHT BLINDED ME!  WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A SMART IDEA TO HAVE A BRIGHT LIGHT RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES AT ALL TIMES!"

Maybe that's why angler fish always looked so surprised in those pictures.

((Well, first time I attempted a miniature competition.  I'm not expecting much but it was a great learning experience and I tried out a few new things which were fun.  Object Source Lighting is 'hard' though ;p ))

Edited by SplotchyInk
  • Like 12

post-12889-0-91485000-1428367667_thumb.jpgpost-12889-0-20669400-1428367683_thumb.jpg

The others saw the suit as a mark of office. To Barnabas, it was his skin. Different from those who came before--and after he made his final migration, after--him, he'd made the transition to Deep One early enough that he could still adjudicate the community's disputes and preside over their ceremonies while in his final form. This was no costume for him. Tonight, though, he had some business to attend to. The town drunk has gotten a little too friendly with an unexpected visitor...

• Like 14

post-7024-0-04851200-1430016617_thumb.jpg

Marcus had always wanted the position of High Priest. Although he had worked hard, as hard as any of the other applicants, his Family's wealth would be the elephant in the room. Did he buy his way in - were palms greased and back alley deals done? The rumour mill would grind away. The whispers he would handle as he always did, with head held high, back straight and always look them in the eye. He knew where his ethics and morals were on the scale. When the judgement was weighed, he would be vindicated.

• Like 11

Ever since that pamphlet, Bluefish, came out there had been a lot fewer tourists and visitors. Your Aboleth kills one measly person and suddenly it's a travesty. Eregris even liked his job. The benefits and hours weren't too bad, and the huge fish costume he had to wear protected him pretty well from the little kids chucking popcorn at him. Okay who was he kidding, this job was just supposed to be a part time college gig to get him by. Who would have thought majoring in Mystic Arts of the Deep Oceans would have made it so difficult to find a job? Even jobs at Grogbucks were hard to get. So what was he going to do if the park closed down, start an evil cult or something? Hmm or something...

post-13639-0-46644700-1430089314_thumb.jpg

post-13639-0-14163100-1430089315_thumb.jpg

post-13639-0-85203800-1430089315_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

post-13947-0-36997300-1430205268.jpgpost-13947-0-94480200-1430205268.jpg

Traditional armor of the ceremonial guard of Empress Surea: Light of the West, Keeper of the Waters, Bringer of the Law, Protector of the Empire.

• Like 9

The god had spoken, it was time for a new priest to assume the mantle of link between the faithful and their god. Pity the old man had not believed the revelation he had been given and stepped down quietly. As he lifted the sacred helm he smiled, thinking back to the jokes his fellow novices had made about the high priest's fat head, for that head would not shake free from its long accustomed covering. He would have to do something for those that had been punished for such jests for it seems they had said nothing but the truth...DSCF0740_zps3gaeie5u.jpgDSCF0734_zpsv4ibldmg.jpgDSCF0732_zpsmikyw3yu.jpg

• Like 12

Wonderful contestants! Wonderful! clap.gif Now, Contestant Number 9, Mermaider Prophet, is that right? We have a few questions for you here! *nervous smile* First question: How would you make a difference in this world?  ::):

I do not, nor will I make a difference. I am only a guide and advisor to one who shall make a difference. When She finally ascends, let us hope that you can all breath water.

Well, erm, okay... heh... Moving on to the second question.... What are the sacrifices you have made for this pageant? 

Sacrifice for a... PAGEANT?! And some call me mad, HA! Come with me into the dark, cold depths and I shall show you what sacrifices are truly for!

17.gif uhh... Last question! What... *gulp* what is your favorite body.... part

I would have to say tentacles. Freshly bitten off, they still fight as you chew.

Gross.gif

Anyway... about that sacrifice...

smiley-scared007.gif

Sea_Priest1.jpgSea_Priest2.jpgSea_Priest4.jpgSea_Priest3.jpg

The art of the Prophet was played by my Hubby  ^_^ Pageant questions taken from some random pageant website on the interwebs.

• Like 8

And the winner, with a solid 50% of the votes is.... Mermaider Prophet! 

[polite clapping]

Now, sir, if you would just proceed down this ramp, yes, that's right, don't mind the water,  we have one final and very important interview waiting for you, yes, right into the water, just keep wading out into the surf.....

• Like 5

Tsk, I'm sure Hubby would come up with an appropriately outraged (and hilarious) response for the pageant's attempt to safely get rid of the prophet :lol: Personally, I can't blame them! Thank you all for the votes ^_^ I worked super hard on him and was sooooper nervous about that darned water effect :lol:

• Like 3