Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

02058: Elia Shadowfeet

This is 02058: Elia Shadowfeet, which came in a set with two others, 03359: DHL Classics Female Halflings.

She's a dainty little Old-School thing.  To give an idea of size, she is standing on a standard Chessex dice box.  There is a later version of Elia who is an amazon by comparison.  Both were sculpted by Sandra Garrity.

She was sculpted with (probably) bare legs, but I added painted-on breeches because that tunic looked mighty short and drafty.  I painted her dark because dark hobbits, why not.  Reflections on the short sword are painted on.

I think the whites on her sleeves got a bit overexposed in the photos except for the back view.  There are a lot of different colors in the shading of those sleeves.

Her face was a bit difficult to paint.  It is very small, and the eyes had a sort of agressive shape with two pits on the side of a ball.  It took a little finagling to make it work.

post-8022-0-08291900-1425823441.jpg post-8022-0-16278200-1425823477.jpg

post-8022-0-30653000-1425823498.jpg post-8022-0-92004600-1425823525.jpg

post-8022-0-30493800-1425823537.jpg post-8022-0-01656900-1425823543.jpg

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 21

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I mostly post on the Reaper Facebook Page and Twitter now.  I still check out everything on the "Show off"  every day, though!

Here is my most recent tartan project.  This is Aeslin sculpted by Sandra Garrity.  My customer is a fan of the show (and books) Outlander and this figure was chose specifically for it's potential for painting a tartan.  The tartan that was picked is the Wilson Ancient Hunting Tartan.  It has these very thin quadruple orange lines that give it a very interesting blue/green/orange colour shift look.  I was only able to fit in three of the thin lines, but it was enough to give the cool effect. 

• By SGHawkins09
      This in The Girl from Bombshell Miniatures and was one of my entries in the Painter's category at ReaperCon. I started painting her a couple of years ago, mainly to test the peachy color of the cloth. I decided to quickly finish her for ReaperCon as I wanted to have a Bombshell entry. She was not the figure chosen for judging in the main contest but she did receive a silver medal (dog tag) in Bombshell's manufacturer awards.

• By Rigel
      Forgot to post this fellow earlier! 
      The Pathfinder line Plague Doctor, a pretty direct riff on Doctor Schnabel von Köln. Skinny and unheimlich, with a vial of GLOWING FLUID. Is it a cure? Plague tincture? Reanimation serum? Acid?  Phosphorus? Depends on the game. 

Orrrr...maybe the luminous tonic is a Hyde Formula? 

(Guest appearance by Clay Golem as Mister Hyde.)

You know who benefits from the chaos of a pestilential epidemic? No, besides Father Nurgle? Thieves! Thieves with robust constitutions and/or amulets of health. 
      Here's my take on Daschelle, 44009, the September mini inspired by Kurff the Swift. 

• By Inarah
      This is the Bones version.  I used her for an experiment with Contrast paints.  I think it worked ok, but the softer detail gave a less desired effect -- at least on the armor. I had to go over that again with an ink wash.  The red came out very bright.  Maybe I could have gone over that with ink, too, but I liked the vivid contrast. She is a vampire, after all.  I drybrushed a little silver metal for highlights on her armor, looks good in hand, but the flash caught it and it looks like white spots in the pic. 

• By Inarah
      Picked this guy up at a paint and take somewhere.  He was primed black and this is as far as I got without my glasses. 

Fiddled around with him some more recently.  Experimented with some Contrast paints and various glazes.  Calling it done. 

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)