03407: Hellborn Troll & 02424: Gargoyle Leader as Ice Trolls

Great skin!  It is a shame there is no back picture for the gargoyle troll.

Things like trolls aren't very genetically chosey so they get a lot of variety of phenotype.

Ask, and ye shall receive.

post-13319-0-36530900-1426015028_thumb.jpg

Wasn't included originally because the super glue used to attach the back tuft of grass caused a little white spot on the base. I had to touch it up.

Those are great.

Superiour skintone. Well done.

If I could replicate that on my bones ice troll I would be very happy.

The skin is, Shade -> Hightlight, RMS 09019 Midnight Blue -> 09020 Twilight Blue -> 09021 Snow Shadow -> a really light blue paint sample that was tossed in an order several months ago (you can probably get close by mixing Snow Shadow with 09063 Ghost White).

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      When Stonehaven started doing their kickstarters, they usually released their version of a troll or two with each one.  Since I liked the variety of elves, dwarves, and other smallfolk in the kickstarters i tended to get the completionist so i found myself with a bunch of these, even though resin is not my favorite medium to work with.  I did a few and the rest sat... until i needed giants for my Runelord campaign.  I needed hill giants and i dont like hill giants as depicted by the typical miniatures for them, but the trolls were cute and they fit the size i was looking for and the legend that hill giants have tails was born.  

Anyway, here are the latest 2, it brings my total now to 5 hill giant/trolls and one broccoli Ent.  the party has faced 3 of them previously and it was a mixed success:  they won, but they went looking for a place to heal and rest immediately afterwards!  (come to think of it, Stonehaven makes up a rather large part of the party, the Kobold ninja, the grippli paladin, the half-orc barbarian and the dwarven cleric are also Stonehaven sculpts)

anyway for your viewing pleasure:

• By Gantrell
      Lardgulp I painted for my FLGS's painting club.

• By nihilville
      Still trying to cover all my basics with this classic troll design. I'm trying to get better with my basing, this time incorporating sand and some broken up wood chips.

• By Corpsekin
      This guy has been sitting in my unpainted minis pile for a while, looking forward to eventually getting to use him in dnd.

• By Choppertown
      After completing my Reaper training kits, I'm ready to start tackling my old 80s lead minis from my youth.  I tried painting a couple when I was twelve years old and failed so miserably I literally thought there was no way I would ever be able to even attempt this hobby and it was just better left to others with more talent.  Thanks Reaper for making the awesome training sets and helping me try again after over 35 years.  So without further ado I begin digging into my vault from the 80s.  Apologies if this forum is for Reaper products only, no insult intended.

So I think this baddie might be a Ral Partha Hill Troll, but not sure. Anybody have some insight?

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)