Class Schedule - Classes Go On Sale Wed March 11, 2PM CDT

Reaperbryan

I tried to space mine out, didn't want back-to-back classes and no more than 2 per day. It'll give me time to hang out with some forum members and go chat up the sculptors/artists who are available. 

Yeah, not greatly happy with my spacing.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that. It's one of the things I had to accept as broken to get the checkout process working.

No worries. First time's on you, the second time I did it is on me. :-)

I've foolishly ignored the veterans' advice and took a full schedule. I was trying to avoid back-to-back classes, though, and I was mostly successful there. I think it will be fine.

I met 2/3 of my goals--blending, basing and fur. Those basing classes went quick. If I'm not exhausted after Friday I may try and get a day-of ticket for one of them. I'm not sure how I fit all this in, and slip away for Avengers and get to a factory tour.

Can't wait!

Thursday

Noon - 2 pm: Beginner Blending with Brice Coconeur

4 - 6 pm: Expressive Faces and Eyes with Derek Schubert

Friday

10 am - Noon: Shaded Metallics with Michael Proctor

Noon - 2 pm: Intro to Other-Source Lighting with Rhonda Bender

4 - 6 pm: Painting Fur, Scales, & Feathers with Derek Schubert

Saturday

2 - 4 pm: Advanced Blending with Brice Coconeur

Sunday

10 am - Noon: How Not to Suck with John Bonnot

• Like 1

Bryan,

I see two classes that have the same title, but have different prices. 

Thursday 4 PM:

Andy Pieper    

How Not to Suck: Sculpting Edition

$15.00 each.

Friday 10 AM:

Andy Pieper    

How Not to Suck: Sculpting Edition

$25.00 each.

If that's a mistake, please fix.  If not, never mind. ::):

The $25 class has fewer people (maximum8) and we did place a premium price on personalized attention. The less expensive class is a seminar format with 20 possible seats, and as such, was priced less, due to less personalized attention.

I should add that there is also a $20 version of the same class...

When is it?  I couldn't see it in the schedule.  My eyes aren't the greatest, so I tried a search as well.

Fri 10 am - Noon: with Jessica Rich Qty:1
Learn simple tools and tricks to help you paint freehand designs onto shields, drapery, and other miniature surfaces! Please bring a quality brush with a fine point if you would like to work along with the instructor. Level:Basic Demo w/Hands-On

Fri 2 - 4 pm: with Marike Reimer Qty:1
Learn from the master! Marike shows you the techniques and tricks she uses to produce her gorgeous paint jobs. Level:Intermediate Demo/Q&A

Sat 10 am - Noon: with Justin McCoy Qty:1
What are pigments and how are they used? In this basic introduction to pigments Justin will demonstrate several techniques, and then give students a chance to weather up a base using provided supplies. Level:Basic/Intermediate Demo with Hands-On

Sat 2 - 4 pm: with Noel Meyer Qty:1
How do you make a flat surface appear to have texture? This class will show you how, covering a variety of different faux surface effects. Level:Intermediate/ Advanced Demo/Q&A

Sun 10 am - Noon: with John Bonnot Qty:1
A comprehensive survey covering everything you always wanted to know about miniature painting and forgot to ask. John expounds on the many materials that will help you in your task not to suck as well as specific painting techniques to help you build a good foundation of skills. Consistently rated among the most valuable classes we offer! Students will need to bring their own brushes. Level:Basic/Intermediate Lecture

cleardot.gif
  • Like 2

I believe it is fixed.

You *will* have to log out and log in to see the class names in your itinerary (otherwise you'll just see "with (instructor name)", but it is now working in the Itinerary and at checkout.

Can I have outside verification from someone with one or more class items in their cart that ALSO knows for sure that the class name was NOT in their itinerary before?

I believe it is fixed.

You *will* have to log out and log in to see the class names in your itinerary (otherwise you'll just see "with (instructor name)", but it is now working in the Itinerary and at checkout.

Can I have outside verification from someone with one or more class items in their cart that ALSO knows for sure that the class name was NOT in their itinerary before?

Yay class names on my intinerary!

I'm now able to see class names when adding classes to my cart. 

• Like 1

I don't know that Reaper planned to open class registration during Spring Break, but it did happen to fall into Spring Break for my family. I was fortunate that it did because if I hadn't taken vacation this week, I would have been out of town for work. 

• Like 2

I don't know that Reaper planned to open class registration during Spring Break, but it did happen to fall into Spring Break for my family. I was fortunate that it did because if I hadn't taken vacation this week, I would have been out of town for work. 

It was meant to be!

• Like 1

Thurs

12-2 Freehand Patterns (Rich)

2-4   Scenic Bases (Ridolfi)

4-6   Level Up (Bender)

Whoa, that's one hardcore Thursday schedule.  God speed!

Jessica's other freehand class was sold out when I got there. ::(:

The good news is that I get to come at it fresh on the first day.

• Like 2

I verified for you Bryan. Before I could not see the class name in the cart, and can now.

Thank you. I can see that the class names show up, but I only have dummy SKUs in my itinerary, and I needed to be 100% sure that live data worked, as well.

Darnit, some are sold out. I just had the chance to peek and I cannot purchase until 3.5 hours from this post...:(

Relatively few are actually sold out, though. only 16 total classes, of the over 90 total being offered.  

For our area, Spring Break is next week, so this was serendipity, not planning.

I believe it is fixed.

Yay class names on my intinerary!

I'm now able to see class names when adding classes to my cart. 

Woot! Independent verification is always good.

Not to say that they aren't all awesome--because they are--but Jessica Rich's freehand class last year was phenomenal. I learned a ton just about painting, let alone freehand, from that one. It wasn't that complicated, really, but some of the nuances are things I'm still processing and trying to work on when I paint.

• Like 3

So looking at the classes people are posting they took I am seeing some of use being the only ones in said class or we will fill up the majority of it.  Maybe I can meet more from the forums this year. So looking forward to learning some basing.