Class Schedule - Classes Go On Sale Wed March 11, 2PM CDT

Reaperbryan

Not to say that they aren't all awesome--because they are--but Jessica Rich's freehand class last year was phenomenal. I learned a ton just about painting, let alone freehand, from that one. It wasn't that complicated, really, but some of the nuances are things I'm still processing and trying to work on when I paint.

I can second this. Her class helped me get paint where I want it general.

• Like 2

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez Louise! That was crazy! Unfortunately, I didn't get ANY freehand classes, which is what I'm trying to work on this year. So if anyone wants to freehand the hallways between classes....

At any rate, here's what I ended up with, in spite of the boss asking deep questions over the phone during the 2pm panic time...

Thurs 4 - 6 pm: Airbrush Basics with

Aaron Lovejoy

Fri Noon - 2 pm: Intro to Other-Source Lighting with Rhonda Bender

Fri 2 - 4 pm: Intro to Competitive & Display Painting with Justin McCoy

Sat 10 am - Noon: Hands-On Sculpting with Joe Orteza

Sun 10 am - Noon: Advanced Glazing with James Wappel

Sun Noon - 2 pm: Painting for eBay and Commission with Shannon Stiltz

I'm sure to learn something!  ::D:

UPDATE! This one was open and I missed it earlier!

Sat 4 - 6 pm: Painting Freehand Designs with Marike Reimer 
Edited by Kharsin
  • Like 4

UPDATE! This one was open and I missed it earlier!

Sat 4 - 6 pm: Painting Freehand Designs with Marike Reimer

Yay!

I'm taking:

Thurs Noon - 2 pm: Shaded Metallics with Michael Proctor

Thurs 4 - 6 pm: Basic Color Theory with Erin Hartwell
Fri Noon - 2 pm: Intro to Other-Source Lighting with Rhonda Bender
Fri 4 - 6 pm: Level Up Your Painting with Rhonda Bender
Sat 2 - 4 pm: Painting Textures with Noel Meyer
Sun 10 am - Noon: Advanced Glazing with James Wappel
Sun Noon - 2 pm: Painting Naturalistic Lighting Effects with Noel Meyer

I wanted to take four classes Sunday that weren't offered at any other time. :down: Guess I'll have to come back in 2016, too. :lol:  (Good thing I was already planning on it.)
  • Like 1

Bah that's why there's coffee

I didn't say it would be difficult.

Man, picking classes is HARD. I'm reeaalllly trying to stick with 2 per day as everyone is suggesting, but there's SO MANY I want....

• Like 4

I wonder how early I'd have to be up to get into the "painting hot chicks" class for the walk-up seats....

How do the walk-up seats work in general? I'd love to get into one of the Saturday basing classes. When I taught motorcycle safety classes back in Illinois, we handled walk-ins by lottery. This sounds more like lining up as early as you can bear. Do we know in advance how many walk-in slots are available?

I wonder how early I'd have to be up to get into the "painting hot chicks" class for the walk-up seats....

How do the walk-up seats work in general? I'd love to get into one of the Saturday basing classes. When I taught motorcycle safety classes back in Illinois, we handled walk-ins by lottery. This sounds more like lining up as early as you can bear. Do we know in advance how many walk-in slots are available?

In the past there were always 2 held back, but I'm not sure that's the case this time around. I think Bryan said that all the tickets were going up at once. I could be wrong though, I'll have to go digging now.

• Like 1

Bah that's why there's coffee

I didn't say it would be difficult.

Man, picking classes is HARD. I'm reeaalllly trying to stick with 2 per day as everyone is suggesting, but there's SO MANY I want....

If it helps, there's supposed to be a rough cap of 8 classes per person, which averages out to two classes per day over the con!

• Like 2

Well true, but I haven't gotten my plane tix yet, so I'm not positive when I'm arriving Thursday. As such, I'm not taking any classes on Thursday, so 8 over 3 days....

Anyhow, I think I've made my choices. 5 Classes, 1 open slot for Friday.

• Like 1

Well I got all the classes I wanted except one.  When the classes went up early not all of them were listed as available and I only got 2 that I really didn't want that much.  I must admit there were some choice words heard in my office at that point.  All was better when they fixed it after 2 o'clock.