Class Schedule - Classes Go On Sale Wed March 11, 2PM CDT

Reaperbryan

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there going to be one-on-ones this year?

None are planned. The artists will, however, be available when not in class for personal instruction and interaction.

Giving the 1-on-1 rooms back for general use added almost 100 additional seats, and given that we sold out in 7 minutes last year, we felt that the slight inconvenience was worth the loss of that kind of class. You will certainly be able to get much of the same content in a more casual, and free, way.

I'm curious how many people had 9+ classes per ticket last year.  Four has been plenty for me, but I am also an oddball who actually listens to advice about burnout.

20% of our guests held 80% of our class tickets.

I'll throw this out here for info on my classes (so excited!!! teaching!!!!!  squee!!!!!!!!)

1. color theory- if you want to bring a miniature for color help or ideas, please do. I'll cover a whole lot of theory with lots of pictures, both fine art and miniatures and try to leave enough time for questions/troubleshooting. But I'm flexible, so if you want more tips/tricks and less 'science', let me know!

2. flesh and faces- same thing, happy to help with tricks, etc. I've been throwing together some weird skin examples to pass around and Anne promised me miniatures for us to paint and practice with.

3. basing- I'll go over composition from a fine art standpoint, lots of examples both in person and pics and then we'll play with materials.  I've collected a whole bunch of stuff and sculpted a few bits to put in a kit for everyone to take home and I'll have a whole mess of things for us to play with.  If you have a specific mini you want to base bring it, otherwise I'll have some for us to use. Story time!

• Like 9

• Artists

If anyone has questions about my classes, please feel free to ask here or PM me. Source Lighting, Transparent Cloth, and What's Different About Bones are all hands-on. Level Up is lecture/discussion. It's sort of How Not to Suck for intermediate painters I did debate calling it How to Suck Even Less. Unlike HNtS, however, it's less about techniques of paint application, and more about how to assess your work to figure out what you need to practice to apply the techniques you already know to best advantage.

• Like 8

Yeah I thought about your OSL class too Rhonda because I loved getting some great input from you last year in your Bones class but I don't think I can do the time. Unless something awesome happens with salary at work (4 year anniversary tomorrow) and I can get my wife a car before Reapercon (then hoping the class still has a spot) I could probably get to it but not holding my breath.

• Like 2

If anyone has questions about my classes, please feel free to ask here or PM me. Source Lighting, Transparent Cloth, and What's Different About Bones are all hands-on. Level Up is lecture/discussion. It's sort of How Not to Suck for intermediate painters I did debate calling it How to Suck Even Less. Unlike HNtS, however, it's less about techniques of paint application, and more about how to assess your work to figure out what you need to practice to apply the techniques you already know to best advantage.

I'd like to take "Level Up", but it will depend on availability and schedule. (Priorities are hard!)