Sign in to follow this  
Pampala

60075: King Castruccio Irovetti

I literally stopped painting miniatures for people because I didn't want to deal with having their character get killed off and my painted figure disappearing from the game.

• Like 5

It is a curse: an OUTSTANDING paint job or a cool name & interesting background equal an instant, horrible death in Role Playing Games. A FANTASTICALLY painted & based creation like this one was doomed at the last brush stroke. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

He died sooner than he could even wear one. But I have to say that it was glorious fight and death :) One to remember....and this miniature will remain as a memento of it.

@ Redambrosia: Thank you, I stole it on the internet :)

Edited by Pampala

We have a house rule that frowns on specific minis because it kills characters. Doesn't matter who the DM is, what we're doing, a new mini signals deal for the party. We now get special minis after a game. :-)

Brilliant work!  I suppose it serves as a "memorial" for the character, at least.  And who knows?  Maybe in some future game, he'll play ANOTHER character-who-might-be-king, and this time he'll make it stick.  :D

(My problem with fixing up custom minis for PCs is that I'll come up with a mini and get a reaction like, "Great!  Except my character has {whatever weapon/shield/armor} now, rather than {whatever it is depicted on the mini, as per a description that was only correct a session or two ago}."  When it comes to equipment, my attitude is that I'm going for the "spirit" of the character, so I'm not "responsible" for kitbashing it every time someone picks up a new weapon or trades out armor.  Otherwise, in some campaigns, the characters should REALLY look like Oswald the Overladen, with overstuffed backpack, spare weapons sticking out of every fold, a small pantry of "rations" slung here and there, magic potions dangling precariously, totally mismatched pieces of armor and weapons, and gaudy random pieces of magic bling.)

• Like 3

Great!  Except my character has {whatever weapon/shield/armor}

He's not a ranger, he's a fighter with a bow!
  • Like 1

He looks great. I find that as long as you're GMing (or assisting a GM with figures), old PC make great new PC or NPCs. Especially with new people who haven't seen them before. He would be pretty on a shelf until that happens though.

• Like 1

This mini is so ridiculously gorgeous, i don't even feel worthy to comment ;)

Amazing work - the many textures and colors of metal, the amazing free hand cloak - WOW!