Sign in to follow this  
etherial

Unidentified Funny Objects 4

The fourth annual anthology of humorous science fiction & fantasy, featuring dark humor by G.R.R. Martin, Neil Gaiman, & others.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/776571295/unidentified-funny-objects-4

From the editor:

The mission of the Unidentified Funny Objects (UFO) anthologies is to print great collections of funny, lighthearted, upbeat and plain weird stories.

I've edited and published three volumes to date and they were well-received by readers and reviewers alike. For volume 4, I'm choosing to explore a specific theme: humor with a touch of darkness. This veers slightly off from what I've done in the past, but I feel experimentation will help keep the series fresh.

What's dark humor? I'm open to a rather wide interpretation of this theme. It can be black comedy, touching on subjects that are normally taboo or painful to talk about. It can also be biting satire, or morbid irony. I still want each story to be humor first, with varying shades of darkness in the mix.

This book will include darkly funny stories from George R.R. Martin, Neil Gaiman, Esther Friesner, Mike Resnick, Piers Anthony, Gini Koch, Jody Lynn Nye, Tim Pratt, Karen Haber and other authors.

I've been a supporter of UFO for several years now, and these books are a blast. If you're in need of funny science fiction & fantasy, this is your place. Edited by Darsc Zacal

Bad George R.R. Martin.....stop writing novellas and get back to work on SoI&F!

Don't say things like that around Wildcards fans. They want him to give up on that silly fantasy series and write their next book.

• Like 2

Buglips... Did you see they will have an open submission period for weird funny fantasy?

Or are you still dreaming of the next great Canadian novel?

Perhaps write under a pen name... Something like Bupligs or the like.