• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Got them based

• By R2ED
      Finally the weekend!  What a wait it felt like to get here.  

With it being the Easter weekend, I figured it'd be fitting to do some bunnies.  I had hoped to make these for a family member and ship them out, but that didn't pan out.  However, getting them painted is still better than not.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  The butterscotch coloring I saw on some rabbits on Whidbey Island, I couldn't help but use as inspiration.  Matching them to how they came out, I'd say was better than I expected.
      *  Using very, very simple colors and just pushing the colors up with mixing them worked great!
      *  Making the details come out more by using very faint streaks of diluted paint worked great to give the impression of individual hairs sticking through.  I think this will be used in other models I do as well.  
      *  Eyes have a nice pop to them, but was thinking some more color would be good.

Misses:
      *  I was thinking of putting some wash in there to bring forward the creases, but I didn't want to lose that fun color.  Any suggestions?
      *  The eyes have a strangeness to them by highlighting the eye lids.  Would you all suggest doing dark instead of light around the eyes?
      *  Speaking of eyes I wasn't sure if putting a spot of white in there was good or not, so I held off.  

Pretty happy with how this little bunny came out.

• By Rainbow Sculptor
      Hello friends!!

I'm wanting to do a little market research and I'm hoping I can get your help. 

For Bones V I sculpted a bunch of kids heroes and their pet companions. These were some of my favorite figures to work on and I'd like to do more. To be very very clear I have NO indication that Reaper will be producing any more of those types of figures and I'm in no way promising to create anything we discuss here. I have no shortage of ideas when it comes to new kid heroes but I'm wanting to see what types of figures people would want if hypothetically I decided to create more. 

I really like the idea of doing brother/sister sets, offering male and female options for particular races or themes. Simply from a design perspective it allows me to explore an idea more fully. Again, this is purely for my personal side projects and fun, not related to any official releases. That said, it's nice to know what the thoughts were about the ones I've already made and what holes people may want filled within that genre. 

My questions are:
      •What did you like/love/hate/ignore about the kid heroes from Bones V?
      •What themes or types of kid heroes would you be interested in? 
      •What purpose would they serve for you? Just fun to paint? Have kids who want to play but struggle to find a figure that represents them? Using them as stand ins for hobbits/halflings/gnomes or other vertically challenged races? 
      •What themes would you like to see explore in this context? Steampunk, modern, arthurian, more "random fun" types, traditional villager or starting hero types? Dragonkin, Genasi or other less popular fantasy races? 

• By Chris Palmer
      And friend and I split a pledge from the recent Killer Rabbits Kickstarter from Skull and Crown, which launched a range of rabbit miniatures based on the margin art of medieval manuscripts.    It arrived earlier this month, and I've been working on them the last two weeks to get them cleared off the painting desk before Bones 4 arrives.  

Here are the results.  Done to a tabletop quality.

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Here is the little girl to go with the bucket boy...

Kev!

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)