Raging Heroes: Dark Elves and Sisters

ahayford

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we're on material; my personal recommendation is the spincast resin over metal. I've not had my main reward yet but al the KS1 freebies were spincast and I am extra super glad I chose that option for everything I could.

• Like 3

Almost 500k and not even unlocked half the SGs .... :unsure: so much is still locked!!

Only day 3, it will keep going slowly, but steadily up over the next 8-9 days, then you'll see a large jump again. It's just like any other kickstarter where you see big numbers in the beginning and the end. They'll unlock most everything if not everything by the end. Keep faith, don't get down about it as it's already a massively successful and fully funded project.

Two nice freebies in a row, lets see what today brings.

Yeah, I love the two freebies. Both would've been things I'd have picked to purchase.

The Altar seems like an odd choice for an early or even mid campaign unlock....I'm curious how many of those they'll actually sell.

I think it's a good choice actually. When it gets unlocked I can see a bunch of current pledges going up the extra $180 to get it. It's massive and I bet it'll be worth the cost, but just not my personal taste.

I should focus on getting rid of debt instead of spending all extra money on stuff.

Maybe after this KS is over.....

Umm... keep telling yourself that.  ::P:

I'm actually torn on this. I like a lot of what I see, however I'm very wary of their pricing. It doesn't make sense to me. Forex: for $20 you can get a box of 5 troops; I'm cool with that. For the same $20 you could also get 1 (one) figure who's a heroine; I can't quite accept that, especially if it's still just basically a man-sized figure. What's the actual physical difference? The troop box is gonna have a lot more parts, so what makes this one man-sized figure worth the same as five?

I know I don't have to get any of the singles; that's not the point. Other than in-game rules, I don't see how one figure is the same price point as five comparably sized figures. I know that an army only needs 1 general and lots of grunts, bu what if I'm not buying an army? What if I want a couple of the singles 'cause they just look bad-arse and I want to try and paint 'em?

To put it more simply, why am I gonna buy 1 apple when I can 5 for the same price?

Anyway, please don't start throwing hand grenades at me. I'm just kinda thinking out loud, not intending to complain or anything. Continue throwing money at this; it's at least fun to watch if nothing else. ::):

I think your question was answered by a couple of people, but I'm just replying to say that it's a valid concern/question to have and I was kinda wondering the same thing about some of the reasons behind the pricing as I didn't back the 1st one either.

• Like 3

The heroines are more detailed sculpts and individuals. The box troops I believe have repeats though some might be reposed (computer sculpted and posed) and are also generic. But I really like the Jailbirds troop box I got. I'll relink my metal heroines and single bag (of 5) from the spincast troop box:

TGG1_ex1.jpg

TGG1_ex2.jpg

Also, if you weren't in on TGG1; a LOT of the stretches were extra heads/weapons/non-weapon options/etc. It's really cool having all the options and getting some good leftovers for use later. Given how the stretches look to be structured this time, I don't think they'll do that outside the All Star boxes.

• Like 4

The solo/Heroine models might also be more complex castings with more parts compared to the troops. That can really bump up mold and casting costs.

MissMelons, it will be too late to affect your pledge, but I can bring some Red Box spin-casts along with me to ReaperCon if you want to check the material out in person. It's a different beast from poured resin. (Same for anybody else who attends the con, but she asked about it first.)

• Like 2

I'm trying to think whether I want them in metal or spin-cast at this point too. Cash and the others who backed, what's your assessment of the better material from the last kickstarter?

Re: RBG Spin-cast - I've heard these aren't as high of quality as the RH spin-cast (Tre's said so himself that there were different batches some mixed by people who didn't know what they were doing).

• Like 1

I'm trying to think whether I want them in metal or spin-cast at this point too. Cash and the others who backed, what's your assessment of the better material from the last kickstarter?

Re: RBG Spin-cast - I've heard these aren't as high of quality as the RH spin-cast (Tre's said so himself that there were different batches some mixed by people who didn't know what they were doing).

I think the bad batches for Tre came out more like poured resin, at least in terms of consistency. I'm pretty happy with what I got. (It was a very early batch.)

I think Privateer Press also uses spin-case resin for their troop models.

• Like 2

InTGG i ordered metal where it was an option as i was leery of the spin cast (and too cheap to get the poured resin). They messed up and sent me all spin cast (with a couple exceptions). Looking at the quality, i absolutely am not complaining and am happy they sent me spin cast instead. I have not modified any, so i have no concept if brittleness would be a concern for gaming (i doubt it would be an issue). Coming from a painter bias, i plan on getting the spin cast in this KS as well...assuming i stay in ;)

Btw-the spincast Trollforge resin I got from the first RedBox KS looks pretty good as well, but had a couple bubbles which i did not see on any of the Raging Heroes minis.

• Like 4

Privatter uses a type of spincast PVC plastic that the hobby now calls restic. It sucks.

This stuff, thanks to Tre informing us, is an updated recipe of Trollcast--they just don't call it that due to the bungled KSers from years ago involving it. And, in fact, is made here state side then shipped to France.

Edited by MonkeySloth
  • Like 3