Sign in to follow this  
Silver Jack

my first real freehand on miniature

Hi,

I made my first freehand, and im very proud of it! Mini is not finished but im so happy because of painting that i need to share. Maybe somebody has idea for base for him?

post-13378-0-49065900-1426276572_thumb.jpg

post-13378-0-64555900-1426276611_thumb.jpg

I have to do his mask, face and boots and swords.

• Like 17

Very nice freehand!!

Basing - I usually like to think about who that figure is, where they came from, where they are going, what story I want to tell with it. So basing is pretty personal to the figure, I'm not familiar with this particular figure, but he kind of looks like a traveler or wander, so maybe basing with a small town visit in mind or travelling down a trade road. That's what it says to me off the top of my head.

COOL COOL COOL AND COOL.

The miniature is awesome - I had to take a double take to see the arms. The Free hand work Looks great, good choice too! What is your inspiration for that design?

Very nice freehand!!

Basing - I usually like to think about who that figure is, where they came from, where they are going, what story I want to tell with it. So basing is pretty personal to the figure, I'm not familiar with this particular figure, but he kind of looks like a traveler or wander, so maybe basing with a small town visit in mind or travelling down a trade road. That's what it says to me off the top of my head.

I'm not familiar with that Figure either but from the looks of it, its a play on a scare crow. He is like an assassin or a Mesmer.

Edited by Arc 724

Keeping with the background you could do cobblestones.

But, your colours do already set your figure as different from the sombre concept art for this guy. Maybe make him on a dirt road or highway as a theme. Maybe put a picnic basket for a well armed scarecrow companion. Of course that would need a little girl, lion, and knight.

• Like 2

Thanks for comments!

Wow great idea with wizard of oz.

The inspiration came from fact he weres cursed mask, im going to glue it tomorrow.

Edited by Silver Jack

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this