Sign in to follow this  
Silver Jack

my first real freehand on miniature

Hi,

I made my first freehand, and im very proud of it! Mini is not finished but im so happy because of painting that i need to share. Maybe somebody has idea for base for him?

post-13378-0-49065900-1426276572_thumb.jpg

post-13378-0-64555900-1426276611_thumb.jpg

I have to do his mask, face and boots and swords.

• Like 17

Very nice freehand!!

Basing - I usually like to think about who that figure is, where they came from, where they are going, what story I want to tell with it. So basing is pretty personal to the figure, I'm not familiar with this particular figure, but he kind of looks like a traveler or wander, so maybe basing with a small town visit in mind or travelling down a trade road. That's what it says to me off the top of my head.

COOL COOL COOL AND COOL.

The miniature is awesome - I had to take a double take to see the arms. The Free hand work Looks great, good choice too! What is your inspiration for that design?

Very nice freehand!!

Basing - I usually like to think about who that figure is, where they came from, where they are going, what story I want to tell with it. So basing is pretty personal to the figure, I'm not familiar with this particular figure, but he kind of looks like a traveler or wander, so maybe basing with a small town visit in mind or travelling down a trade road. That's what it says to me off the top of my head.

I'm not familiar with that Figure either but from the looks of it, its a play on a scare crow. He is like an assassin or a Mesmer.

Edited by Arc 724

Keeping with the background you could do cobblestones.

But, your colours do already set your figure as different from the sombre concept art for this guy. Maybe make him on a dirt road or highway as a theme. Maybe put a picnic basket for a well armed scarecrow companion. Of course that would need a little girl, lion, and knight.

• Like 2

Thanks for comments!

Wow great idea with wizard of oz.

The inspiration came from fact he weres cursed mask, im going to glue it tomorrow.

Edited by Silver Jack

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dae
      After several iterations of painting and base, I'm finally happy with my Griffon and I'm calling it finished! 

The mini ended up looking a bit cartoony 

I did go for something else initially, but it seemed too plain for a griffon, so I was happy to exchange realism for 'striking'. More on PSA.

And I just finished redoing the base -- thanks for support on the WIP board. 

• By Dae
      I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:

But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now. 

I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base. 

I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.

Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!

https://pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/12/18/griffon-wings/

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's another Dungeon Dwellers model. 07012, Caerindra Thistlemoor was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I painted it with Reaper’s MSP acrylics, shaded with Citadel inks, used Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish and 3D printed the base. Her left eye is not as sharp as I'd like it to be, she seems to have a black eye, I will need to fix this.

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here are some pictures of my latest Dungeon Dwellers sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I painted 07008, Luwin Phost the Wizard Reaper’s MSP acrylic paint, I shaded with Citadel inks, sealed with Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish and 3D printed the base. It was a very fun model to work on, with all the right gear for the adventure.

• By PhantomAquarist
      I was having some fun playing with green stuff and decided to revamp the base of this Goroloth. I scupted corals, tube sponge, starfish, and a deadly blue-ringed octopus! There's some pictures of the sculpts before trimming and painting also. :D

• Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)