Sign in to follow this  
redambrosia

A druid, a dragon-born, a dwarf, and a polar bear walk into a bar...

... and they all fall down. Where they blind-folded or something?! :rolleyes:

Druid! This is actually the first mini I ever bought, well over ten years ago. At the time I couldn't imagine painting her (those tiny eyes!) and figured she'd just be metal coloured. Obviously, things have changed. I decided that I wanted her to be a more colourful druid, because nature is colourful, so why are druids always in boring green and brown? ::P: And then her bird ended up being a parrot. :lol:

Druid1.jpgDruid2.jpg

This is the mini for my Hubby's dragonborn paladin, Sharoc-Pel. Hubby wanted him fairly simple and non-fancy, so I stuck with steel coloured armour for him.

Sharoc_Pel1.jpgSharoc_Pel2.jpgSharoc_Pel3.jpg

This is Rokori, my Little People Beauty Pageant entry. She's a guard for the King of the dwarves, which is what the symbol on her shield is meant to be. When I entered her in the pageant she actually wasn't done, but I didn't notice until too late that her belt buckle was unfinished. So this is the finished version, with the shield on her belt buckle too.

Rokori1.jpgRokori2.jpgRokori3.jpg

And last is the polar bear. It was painted up as familiar for a snow elf character. She has a name, but durned if I remember it :lol: Went with warm whites for this polar bear and put some snow effect on her paws, between her claws. She has yet to bloody anything.

Polar_Bear1.jpgPolar_Bear2.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them and my silly joke :rolleyes:

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 20

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is the Bones Dire Bear Sku 77494.
      I painted him for my Horde of the North project
      WIP:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79398-horde-of-the-north-glitterwolf-paints-barbarians-and-mammoths/

• By Kro
      Thanks for taking a look! Any advice/comments/criticism is welcome!

Hi all, I've recently started painting some of my minis (finally) and also got some friends to help. Below I'll show everything thats been done so far, before likely making a showoff thread for the done done ones (some are aaalmost there, need a few more touches.

My Work: (2nd mini ever):
      77503 Temple Dragon : - I wanted to do some complimentary color on him but couldn't quite decide where. First thought was underbelly and underside of wings, but glued together the underbelly is incredibly hard to paint. I was also considering the larger left and right spines down the  middle and/or maybe just the bones/claws that extend from the wings(bone color?)
      He seems to photograph better than he looks in standard light, hes a bit dark, so without lighting for taking a picture distinguishing much on him is not all that easy.

77506 Kobolds (6): (3rd mini ever) I am trying to somewhat emulate the Kobolds painted on the Bones 4 page ( https://www.reapermini.com/bones4 )
      Just starting on them, got a darker skin tone and tried dry brushing over with a lighter, but its hard to keep it localized on such a tiny mini. Painting these seems like it's going to get more frustrating than it is rewarding.. :/
      Trying to do linen white for the cloth with maybe a sepia wash over it, then steel for the armor with a black wash

Friend 1's WIPs: (He's painted minis before)
      77492 Behir: I think he's planning on touching up the mouth area

77494 Dire Bear:  I think he wants to differentiate the fur a little more, it's a bit too uniform

77496 Eilluvasheth, Succubus Queen - Wings look great - I think he's not sure how exactly to translate the color scheme/design to the body

Friend 2's (new to painting, first minis):
      Adventurescapes Barrels and Chest:

77382: Vernone, Ivy Crown Knight (Second Mini)

77498 Werearmadillo (3rd mini)

Friend 3: (has painted some in past)
      80046: Gray Alien Warriors

77493 Brain In a Jar : Needs to paint the bottom clear plastic piece the same metal as the rest of it

Thanks for taking a look! Any advice/comments/criticism is welcome!

Ignore these -- Too many attachments, can't seem to figure out which ones to delete

• By redambrosia
      I've got three player characters and a random demon.

The first is a kobold mage, from 03024 Kobold Leader and Sorcerer. I filled out his robes and cloak so he wouldn't be raggedy. The character is a terramancer, so I should have replaced the fire with earthy stuff, but I wasn't feeling that creative.

Next is the half-leprechaun, for our irish-heritage player  He's made from 50307, Mr. Grimm and a now faceless bones guy. I just cut off that guy's face and attached it to Mr. Grimm, who had his face ground down. I also filled in the robotic arm and ground off the back pack connector. Turning the hand into a humanoid hand didn't work too well, so don't look at that.

The last player character is a new version of my doll mage, Eloria, made from 03648, Hyrekia. I liked her better than my previous.

And last is 77258 Blood Demon. Just a random bones mini I finished.

I hope you enjoy!
    • By redambrosia
      My first item is a mini my brother in law sent me, presumably to paint for him (he included no notes or instructions). It didn't come in a package and it had no markings, so I have no idea who made it. I actually struggled with it for a while, because there's a lot going on, but eventually realized that after I got the basic colours on it I could just splotch some red in there and hit it with a brown wash and it would look good and dirty. As though it had been through a battle... duurrrrr! So it's basic tabletop quality. And since he didn't pay with chocolate, which is the agreed upon price for my services, that's what he gets!

ETA: Thanks to Wyvernfire I know that the body pile is from the Gamers: Hands of Fate KS and it's official name is the Mound of Dead Bards. Apparently someone didn't like their singing...

Next I have my half-orc priestess conversion of the bones version of Seelah, Iconic Paladin. I cut the shield off her back, the helmet out of her arm, the scabbard from the inside of her cloak, and gave her a club. Then I tried to use some Golden brand goop to smooth out the cloak, but it didn't work very well and left a weird texture that I couldn't get rid of. Oh, and I replaced the helmet with a box of chocolates for RP reasons

Anyway, I eventually just got sick of trying to make her look better and decided that sub-tabletop quality would suffice. I kind of wanted to set the cloak on fire But I love the little box of chocolates (it is Whitman's chocolates!)

Speaking of conversions, here's my bionoid gal, the changed form of #143 (Spelljammer character). Underneath all the green and brown stuff is Marie, the chronoscope robot. In hindsight it probably would have been easier to get one of their sculpting dollies and make her using that.... but I didn't know they had those when I started

And yes, she's very shiny, but I want her that way. Her exoskeleton is supposed to look like a beetle shell, so I figured it would be shiny. It just looks awful in pictures.

Finally, here are my other two firewalls. I decided I would do a little OSL effect with them, unlike the first two.

Anyway, enjoy! Comments and suggestions welcome
    • By redambrosia
      When I decided to enter the Painting Excuses contest I thought about painting Kyrie as Little Red Riding Hood (Pingo made mention of it when she came out and the idea has been rattling in my head ever since). But as I prep-ed her, it occurred to me that it would take very little to turn her into a barbarian version of Princess Mononoke. I mean, wolf cape!

So I filled out her skirt with green stuff and covered the wolf face with a round blob to make the mask. I ended up wishing I had had made the mask bigger though.

I used the rosy skin triad on her, blackened brown, shield brown, ginger cookie... and some tan on her armour bits. I know I started with ginger cookie for the cloak, and ended with white, but I don't remember the in-between colour (painting journal, what's that? )

And as usual, my camera washed out the work I did on the white. Honest to Sophie, there's actual shading and whatnot on that fur cloak

• Who's Online   29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 244 Guests (See full list)