Maledrakh's Cockroach Cluster...more Space Hulk Genestealers Speedpaint

Continuing my March resolutionary challenge, I am doing something about squads, teams or units. As in squads I have started (i.e. done a test piece) but not completed. I seem to have rather a lot of them cluttering up the shelving.

As per the resolutionary painting challenge guidelines, I will post them here, and link in my post in the challenge thread.

This week has seen little time for hobby, so I “cheated†by doing groups that were extra super fast to finish.

150315-cockroach-cluster.jpg

Ten more of the Space Hulk Genestealers, in the same style as in my earler post

That makes 12 finished. I think there are 10 left to go. And then the Terminators which probably will take much much longer. So much detail!

Integral bases, hard polystyrene plastic (HIPS)

• Like 19
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you had any trouble getting the Genestealers to stand up on those integral bases?  I know I sure did -- especially the ones in the dramatic high poses with the narrow strips (always end up falling left or right when someone taps the table...).

Have you had any trouble getting the Genestealers to stand up on those integral bases?  I know I sure did -- especially the ones in the dramatic high poses with the narrow strips (always end up falling left or right when someone taps the table...).

oh yes.,they are decidedly unstable when not on a perfectly flat surface. I am considering gluing washers or coins underneath to provide some stability, because the rather diverse shapes and sizes of the bases (some of them don't really have bases at all, just a couple of lumps) means that using "normal" 40k bases wont really look good, even the larger 40mm ones. I will probably need to customize something to give them a similar feel, if not shape or size.

Cockroach cluster, eh?

Going to be a Crunchy Frog next? Or an anthrax ripple? Or possibly a spring surprise?

Lovingly frosted with glucose!

• Like 1