Sign in to follow this  
stormbreach

77360 Mr Bones

Here is my second Mr Bones. I figured since Mr Bones was my first painted Bones 1 mini his twin should be my first painted Bones 2 mini. I tried to get the same level of contrast on his cloak but I think I fell a little short there. Part of that came from shading with Army Painter Strong Tone Ink, I thinned three drops of ink with two drops of water and ended up with tide lines. So the deepest parts of the shadows were actually a little lighter than the edges of the shadows. But I am still pretty happy with it. Hopefully Seej is as impressed with this cloak as he was with the last one haha. This one also has a little mud at the bottom because it drags.

post-13810-0-60379600-1426465073_thumb.jpgpost-13810-0-88623700-1426465089_thumb.jpgpost-13810-0-41347500-1426465104_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

You just gave me some interesting ideas. What is your mud and sod made of? I'm assuming the grass is static grass, but what's your mud?

• Like 2

The grass is indeed static grass, Glade Grass from GW. The mud is what I do for ground on all my minis with a grassy base so far. A thin layer of cork, made from breaking off a bit of cork mat then slicing it with an xacto knife so it's only half as thick. On top of that I glued a layer of sand I gathered myself on the beach here in town (shore of Lake Ontario). That was painted Earth Brown, sloshed with Army Painter Strong Tone Ink, then got a drybrush of Griffon Tan that didn't really show up.

• Like 4