Reapercon Sophie? Mousling?

I hope that the Reapercon Sophie and Mouseling will still be available online if/when the Swag Bags are made available for those that aren't lucky enough to get a bag and so have to purchase the minis separately.

Policy has always been during the show weekend only. That could change, but it was that way last year too.

but still no official word on if I can buy a reapercon stuff bag this year

Official Answer:

If and only if we have left overs, we will put them up for sale after the show. We have no intention of putting them up for sale before the show ends.

We are not mailing out any Swag Bags to people who purchase tickets and do not attend the show. We do not collect your shipping address during the ReaperCon.Com site check out process.

Swag Bags are only available to con attendees who purchase 4-Day Registrations, they are not available on a Day Pass.

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. After the pain in the elf that happened last year, I figured that might be the case.

Umm, that's how it worked last year. The issue was the release of bags sold out so fast that people were upset about it.

except last year the bags where made available during the con, not just leftovers after, and it turned into a major headache.Though I did learn what Bryan's "pissed off with humanity" face looked like, and Ladystorm can be very scary in person too 

• Like 8
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can confirm there is a new mouseling.   (benefit to office located closer to the guy who gets the greens...)

(deep breaths)   (Visualizing not being a cranky greedhead)   (Visualizing the Reaper employees going through the stresses of running a convention)   (Visualizing bacon)   Mmmmmm, bacon ...

Paint in physical store = leftovers. no plan to put paint in online store   Sophie will be in online store during Con like usual. I think convention mouseling was not in past, it is our only avai

except last year the bags where made available during the con, not just leftovers after, and it turned into a major headache.Though I did learn what Bryan's "pissed off with humanity" face looked like, and Ladystorm can be very scary in person too 

Yes. o_o Yes, among other things. 

• Like 3

But prior to last year, the swagbags were something we had to preorder before the con, and then wait for shipping until after.

And to be clear, I understand Reapers reasoning and the need to change in order to have an accurate number of actual attendees now that the Con is in a separate venue from Reapers factory.

However the offering of limited swagbags online strikes me as becoming a bit messy now.

It might be time to keep the online offering to just the Reapercon minis.

• Like 6

But prior to past year, the swagbags were something we had to preorder before the con, and then wait for shipping until after.

And to be clear, I understand Reapers reasoning and the need to change in order to have an accurate number of actual attendees now that the Con is in a separate venue from Reapers factory.

However the offering of limited swagbags online strikes me as becoming a bit messy now.

First, I'm going to loudly shout BOOOOOOO!!! at you. That's a terrible idea for those of us who cannot make it to the convention.

Second, I'll quietly admit that's probably the best option Reaper has for being fair, and not generating a bunch of Hatoradetm after every convention.

Third, I'd like to suggest in a reasonable voice that for the con weekend ony, please make the Sophie, mousling and special event paint available online.

• Like 9

Last year the Sophie was available during the convention weekend.  Both were also available during the 2014 Twelve Days of Reaper promotion.  I'd still love to see special edition paints available in the online store, but I can live. 

The fact that I'm not as into space stuff tempers my disappointment. 

Not sure why the paints are not online since I saw them hanging from hooks in the store when I was there.  

Feel free to hit me up for anything you may be interested in. I have had a couple others ask me to pick things up when I went to the Artist Con in Oct and I also enjoyed buying a few extra things last ReaperCon and sending them out to good homes afterwards.

• Like 2

But prior to past year, the swagbags were something we had to preorder before the con, and then wait for shipping until after.

First, I'm going to loudly shout BOOOOOOO!!! at you. That's a terrible idea for those of us who cannot make it to the convention.

Second, I'll quietly admit that's probably the best option Reaper has for being fair, and not generating a bunch of Hatoradetm after every convention.

Third, I'd like to suggest in a reasonable voice that for the con weekend ony, please make the Sophie, mousling and special event paint available online.

I know. I know.

I've never attended a Reapercon but have been buying the swagbags ever since Reaper made them available to order online back in 2011.

I love all the little extras that comes with the bag, but the Reapercon minis and the paint are the must haves.

• Like 4

Second, I'll quietly admit that's probably the best option Reaper has for being fair, and not generating a bunch of Hatoradetm after every convention.

Liked for Hatorade. I'm stealing that for future use.

• Like 4

Paint in physical store = leftovers.

no plan to put paint in online store

Sophie will be in online store during Con like usual. I think convention mouseling was not in past, it is our only available at the show piece. We always have some of those. However, I cannot say for certain what will be avaulable since not my department. I urge tempering of expectations because we have learned from previous experiences.

• Like 9

(deep breaths)

(Visualizing not being a cranky greedhead)

(Visualizing the Reaper employees going through the stresses of running a convention)

(Visualizing bacon)

Mmmmmm, bacon ...

• Like 10

Assuming as has been the case in the past that Sophie and mousling will be in the on-line store during the con, I am content (not exactly sure why as I don't really paint minis much these days, having to stick with 54mm and larger, but I do love sophie and the mouslings.)

Assuming as has been the case in the past that Sophie and mousling will be in the on-line store during the con, I am content (not exactly sure why as I don't really paint minis much these days, having to stick with 54mm and larger, but I do love sophie and the mouslings.)

While RC Sophie has been in the online store during the con since I started watching for her (first I recall seeing was Bourbon Street Sophie), convention-only mousling has not been.  Last year the mousling only came in the swag bag (talking about online sales here) and I'm pretty sure it was the same way in previous years.  Special con MSP paints came in the swag bag last year, too.

• Like 1

There are people who are willing to act as shoppers for forum members who want the con exclusive models that are not available online during the show. I have done this for people in the past.  So for people unable to attend the show, it is possible to get the show-only goodies with a little asking around :).

• Like 4

I hate imposing on people who are enjoying a Con...

But I will repeat what I said earlier and point out that in the past both the Con Sophie and Mouseling have been available during the Twelve Days of Reaper in December.  I believe that only Sophie has been available in the store during the Con. 

I might have to break down and ask for someone to buy me paint, though. 

• Like 4

True enough, I just didn't want people to skim over my previous comments and assume that the mouselings have been available online during the con when Ladystorm explicitly said they have not been. 

And while there is no guarantee what will be available during Twelve Days of Reaper, if there is one, Bryan has repeatedly stated that it is a very successful promotion that they will likely continue.  (And the exact details of the promotion may change over time.)

If you are uncomfortable with that gamble, then a secret shopper is your best bet. 

• Like 3