Count down to AWESOMENESS!

TaleSpinner

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 days til we can relax and enjoy the festivities.

We woke Saturday morning to beef blood leaking out from under the big freezer.  I spent a good chunk of my weekend cleaning up the mess, salvaging the side of beef we just bought, trying to fix the freezer, giving up and procuring a new one, and getting everything swapped out and stable.  <_<  Why does stuff like this always seem to happen right when you really need everything to be going smoothly?

Andy I hear ya'. We were looking to relax a little yesterday.  I actually thought I might get to paint.  My wife's uncle comes up stairs to inform us that there is water running across the basement floor.  Several hours were spent moving stuff out of the water that we think may have been seeping through the basement wall from the drain line from the kitchen out to the septic system.  Plumbers are on the way to the house this morning to check.

• Like 1

10 days til we can relax and enjoy the festivities.

We woke Saturday morning to beef blood leaking out from under the big freezer.  I spent a good chunk of my weekend cleaning up the mess, salvaging the side of beef we just bought, trying to fix the freezer, giving up and procuring a new one, and getting everything swapped out and stable.  <_<  Why does stuff like this always seem to happen right when you really need everything to be going smoothly?

Andy I hear ya'. We were looking to relax a little yesterday.  I actually thought I might get to paint.  My wife's uncle comes up stairs to inform us that there is water running across the basement floor.  Several hours were spent moving stuff out of the water that we think may have been seeping through the basement wall from the drain line from the kitchen out to the septic system.  Plumbers are on the way to the house this morning to check.

Sympathy like on that one.  We have a natural spring in our back yard.  If the sump system in our house ever stops working, I get about an inch of water in the basement.  Needless to say, I have never felt the desire to finish the basement.

I've still got 7 work days left. I can't leave until Thursday morning (yes the Thursday the con starts). ::(:

I feel your pain.  I'm local, but working Thursday.  I get out of work at 5:00, then get to drive across town to check into the hotel, then go from the hotel to the Thursday dinner at reaper HQ by 7:00.  (You still riding with me?)

• Like 2

4 working nights left till relaxation!

I've come to the conclusion the minis that I needed to paint look pretty good with just the base spray coat & shading. I may attempt some bits here & there but overall pretty good. Kinda look like colored board game pieces with shadows ::):

Important thing for me PC minis are painted up.

Also looking at a possible upgrade on the phone. Need to look into that tomorrow.

• Like 3

I'm driving up Wednesday, looking forward to the drive actually. All the wildflowers should be pretty on my way to the interstate.

Note to self: don't forget the Claritin like last year.

If you do forget it, I use the same stuff, and will be bringing my bottle. :)

Of course, that doesn't help you on the way there....  -_-

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

9 days left; we're in single digits!

Finished the wyvern itself yesterday, save for last looks after putting it on the base.  I also got started on the tree trunk.  I hope to get that finished today and then I can do all of he base sculpting tonight.

I also finished another sculpt last night.   ::D:

• Like 6