Count down to AWESOMENESS!

TaleSpinner

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 days left; we're in single digits!

Finished the wyvern itself yesterday, save for last looks after putting it on the base.  I also got started on the steek.  I hope to get that finished today and then I can do all of he base sculpting tonight.

I also finished another sculpt last night.   ::D:

FTFY ::P:

• Like 5

Finished the wyvern itself yesterday, save for last looks after putting it on the base.  I also got started on the steek.  I hope to get that finished today and then I can do all of he base sculpting tonight.

:lol:  Much better.

BTW, when do you make the arduous flight over here from Kiwiland?

• Like 5

:lol:  Much better.

BTW, when do you make the arduous flight over here from Kiwiland?

I leave Dunedin around 10am on Sunday morning, finally arriving in DFW just after midnight that night after some 30+ hours.

I'm going to smell terrible.

• Like 1

I got this..I got this...I got this

/screaming internally

Was up at 5am searching for how to make N scale tumbleweeds. No luck so far. Loosely rolling cotton might work, but it seems too dense and I haven't even tried to spray paint them yet.

Screaming right with you.

• Like 3

Was up at 5am searching for how to make N scale tumbleweeds. No luck so far. Loosely rolling cotton might work, but it seems too dense and I haven't even tried to spray paint them yet.

Screaming right with you.

Walk through the floral section of the craft store? I think there is brownish scratchy stuff often used to hide the foam flowers are stuck in that might work. At the very least, it could help with inspiration.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'll have to check the craft store, possibly tomorrow. Thinking everything I've see is too big, but worth a shot.

You would think that there would be a tutorial somewhere.

*sigh*

I'll put it up if I get it to work and after ReaperCon.

• Like 2

I had hockey last night so no progress forward. Unless you count shopping for parts as progress forward then I made huge strides.

I won't speak for you, but, if I allowed myself to count parts shopping as progress, I don't think I would ever actually paint.

• Like 5

So I woke up this morning and realized that there are less than 7 more painting days until reaper con.  PANIC!  how can I finish any of my miniatures before the con?  I wonder if I can paint on them as I turn them in.  No wait....  After I turn them in....

Screw it.  I'll just start drinking now.  :)

Edited by maxstyles
  • Like 9

I haven't been this excited about something in a long time. Got to stay focused--I have a ton of work (like job work, not painting work) to get squared away before I leave.

I know the feeling. I have to travel this week and won't be back until saturday. Talk about being twitchy

• Like 2