Count down to AWESOMENESS!

TaleSpinner

Sadly, no. It is the dealership which is surrounded by other dealerships and Best Buy.

::(:

Well... maybe go drool over the cool tech at Best Buy, that's what I'd do anyhow. Love those curved TV's... they are epic.

I still remember the halcyon days of the late 90's, when you had to pay extra for a TV screen that was flat. :;):

• Like 4

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I'll still be in the air around this time in a week. Can't remember when I land.  Have to look that up so I can plan for my ride.  But I've managed to make some progress.  Finished 2 mini's (just need to base 1) and have one more that I hope to finish in time.  No Diorama's this year.

• Like 1

Ugh..ugh...stop staring at miniature...start painting. 

See Eds quote in my signature. I keep it there because that is what I mostly do.

Unfortunately, I have to sculpt using water as lube and I HATE that.  

What do you normally use? My bad memory seems to recall is is Vaseline but I'm not positive. I lube my tools on my greasy forehead, and I hope I have now disgusted you with that fact. :devil:

Well I got my transfer orders. Looks like I will be in attendance. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making a few new ones.

Yay! I'm pretty sure we've met before.

A week from now I will have traveled into the future and should be at the meet & greet.

• Like 3

Unfortunately, I have to sculpt using water as lube and I HATE that.  

What do you normally use? My bad memory seems to recall is is Vaseline but I'm not positive. I lube my tools on my greasy forehead, and I hope I have now disgusted you with that fact. :devil:

Vaseline or nose grease.

• Like 5

Got the Steeek painted and glued to the marble base.  Today, I sculpt in the forest floor, mushrooms and plants.  Unfortunately, I have to sculpt using water as lube and I HATE that.  

Why use water then?  Also, why do you hate using water? 

(Yeah, I've been lurking on this thread.  It's a hobby. :;): )

• Like 1

7 Days till the halls of paint, putty, and parlance open once more!

Sculpted the base for the Wyvern yesterday, adding bulk and mushrooms.  I also sculpted a bunch of ferns for it.  I'll paint all that today.

Had to break a bit from the sculpting to go and get more armature supplies as I was running low.

Got the Steeek painted and glued to the marble base.  Today, I sculpt in the forest floor, mushrooms and plants.  Unfortunately, I have to sculpt using water as lube and I HATE that.  

Why use water then?  Also, why do you hate using water? 

(Yeah, I've been lurking on this thread.  It's a hobby. :;): )

I used water on the Wyvern base because part of it was already painted.  Had I used any sort of grease, I'd have to scrub it with de-greaser to get the paint to stick, but that would ruin the paint-job I had already done.

I don't like water because it is too thin; doesn't reliably keep the putty from sticking to the tools; sometimes gets in the way unpredictably when applying putty, keeping it from sticking where you want it; and it evaporates too quickly, making me have to go back to the bowl for more way too often.

• Like 8