Chibi Adventurers, the Re-dungeoning from Impact Miniatures

Now Live

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-dungeon-monster-2-miniatures-w-art-book-and?ref=hero_thanks

f87e7bb6556cd6d9a0e1401352fc4b6e_origina

cae0fe688f4578cf166ba376645cc414_origina

ADD-ONs Walking in a Chibi Wonderland ($20 bound softcover add-on / $15 PDF version / $30 for both)

Over the last 4 Chibi KickStarter projects, we have had people ask us ... if you make an art book of Lorraine's awesome Chibi art ... I'd love to get it. We have created a 40 page full color art book of all of Lorraine's art that became a miniature (about 180 pieces of art in the book). You can get the book as an add-on only (no points for this due to the cost of printing it). A bound softcover version of the book is a $20 add-on. A PDF version is an add-on for $15. You can get both the softcover and PDF for $30 add-on. Not only is the book filled with Lorraine's art but also includes comments from Lorraine and Impact! about the inspiration for the art and miniatures made from the art. (Note: if you get the PDF the images are still the property of Impact! and Lorraine Schelter and may not be used for commercial purposes without both of their permission).

Chibi World RPG rules ($10 add-on / $12 add-on w/module) (both are free with pledges of $100 or more)

Thanks to the talent of Steve Gilbert, we now have a Chibi RPG game system that uses the Impact! Chibi, CHIBI WORLD. The game includes the full rules for playing adventures and creating your own modules for use with the system. The game rules includes a full Beastiary with stats for most of the Impact! chibi miniatures. Steve even has finished his first full module for you to play with the game rules (Module 1A - The Lost Temple of Chibi Harin-Ra). The Chibi World RPG uses a step die mechanic for improving your player characters so instead of adding +1 to rolls and then needing special rules to account for rolling 1 being a failure, you roll the next highest even die for your ability. So if you rolled a D8 to use your sword and improve that ability, next time you'll roll a D10. Full sets of the dice to use with the game are included as a points option for the KickStarter (all the evens from D6 to D20...however you can still use the rules even if you do not have a D14, D16, and D18). If you pledge $100 or more on the KickStarter, we will include the Chibi World PDF and first module for free. Otherwise you can get the RPG Rulebook and Beastiary as a PDF as a $10 add-on (or $12 if you also include receiving a PDF of the Lost Temple module as well).

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and from the post below from facebook a few days back there will be an 40 page art book along with the minis

11021365_936460999718101_220078565749791

40 pages of full color ... Coming soon to KickStarter (end of this month (hopefully))

Tom Anders: The art book will be not just art but have comments from both Lorraine and Impact! about the process of creating the art and the miniatures from the art. Mark Maxey, Elizabeth Beckley, Glenn McClune, Juan Miguel López Barea, Cat O'Mighty, Nicholas E. Kelsch, Velvet Mark and many more wiil have shout outs in the book.
  • Like 1

• Members

Taken from a post by DaveC on Dakka

Impact! miniatures are returning to the Dungeon Adventurers theme for their next KS.

The Kickstarter starts this week (I'll post the exact date later but it's probably tomorrow)

The initial funding is for 10 miniatures

Anubis Warrior

Well crap.. lol

• Like 1

Thanks Orlando for the thread!

*twitch*

Points again.  At least these are basically 1 to 1.

We've talked to a lot of backers and we've found so far that the points system works the best to allow everyone to get exactly what they want without wasting any money on a reward level that has minis they really do not need.   And yeah ... we've finetuned it now to be basically 1 for 1 with free points added in as the pledge levels increase.  It also allows us to easily give out free miniatures as stretch goals because we can just add on more points to a reward level.   As a system we have found it pretty easy.

• Like 4

I'm not griping about minis I want/don't want, but points in general.  You guys are doing it better at least than others that were doing 3 dollars to a point.

I'm always just leery (and twitchy!) about arbitrary point systems.  Micro-payment systems have made me that way.

The point system worked out well last time. I was leery too, but like how it worked out.

I had not budgeted for this and am in on a number Kickstarters right now. Not sure how much I can put towards this one, but I showed my daughter the pics and she says we need them all, lol.

• Like 3

At least these are basically 1 to 1.

Yeah, this is the only point system that's acceptable to me.  I see the option to add extra points at $1 each so it's totally transparent.  My gaming group will love these so I'm in.

• Like 1

Damnit. You got me with the early bird dice. In for more than I should be with the intent of picking up some bad guys to paint up for my daughter to face with the ponies I bought in the last Kickstarter.

• Like 2

One $75 EB left! :lol:

I was in their Urban Achievers KS and received my miniatures without drama or complications. 

With 20+ KS projects of experience, you have plenty of information to make an informed decision!

I've liked what I have from the past Kickstarters, so will be in for this. Especially keen on picking up the art book as I really like Lorraine's work. And she was super nice when I got her to commission some character pictures as gifts for friends.

• Like 1