Chibi Adventurers, the Re-dungeoning from Impact Miniatures

So the dice set that is on the very bottom of the miniatures list, it has d14, d16, and d18.  Perhaps I'm not hip on current dice trends, but I can't say I've seen dice with that number of sides before.  Looking around on the net I found some similar dice, but the appear to have uneven side shapes (some square, some rhombus, some hex, etc).  Anyone have experience with these?  I'm curious how evenly weighted these are for rolling.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update #1 Mar 17 2015

FUNDED!!!! Thank you backers! Stretch Goal #1 (Axeman) and #2 (Free Points)

AMAZING!   Wow ... Chris and I are speechless.  Thank you backers.   Funded in 10 hours.

ON TO THE STRETCH GOALS!

We will do Fight Club for upcoming stretch goals but for for the 1st Stretch Goal we would like to add in the Axeman Chibi from sculptor Velvet Mark that we obtained from him to use with this KickStarter as a Stretch Goal.

STRETCH GOAL #1 - $9,500 - Axeman miniature added

We will include this miniature in the list of miniatures you can pick from for 5 points.

907740c5ac3788319de44cdf0b1e7948_origina

STRETCH GOAL #2 - $10,000 - FREE POINTS!

Coming up fast ... we will already start giving out free points so you can get free miniatures with your rewards.  If we reach $10,000 we will add on the following free points to these reward levels:

• BUGBEAR - 1 free point added
  • TROLL - 2 free points added
  • WARLORD - 3 free points added
  • SORCERESS - 4 free points added
  • LICH - 6 free points added
  • ELDER DRAGON - 12 free points added

THIS WEEK - ADEPTICON

Tom will be traveling to Adepticon this week and working in the booth so updates will need to be in the evening through Sunday.  So don't worry if you don't hear from us as we break Stretch Goals.  Tom will do his best to keep up with the KickStarter while he is at the show.   If you are in Chicago at Adepticon swing by the Impact! booth and say Hi to Tom!

Thank you again for helping us reach this point so quickly ... we are truly humbled.

Tom & Chris @ Impact!

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 1

and thanks to all the backers pledging so fast

Update #2 Mar 18 2015

Stretch Goals #1 and #2 unlocked! Stretch Goal #3 - Bat swarm creature & Stretch Goal #4 Fight! (Chibee vs Dryad)

Last night we unlocked Stretch Goal #1 (Axeman 5 point miniature) and #2 (Free points to several reward levels).

Stretch Goal #3 will unlock at $11,000.  It will be for a swarm monster, the chibi Bat from Nick Kelsch.   This means it will be offered 4 for 10 points and 6 for 15 points.   They will come with flight stands.

014883c69e0cab5fc52a9daadf480572_origina
e681875c64d1d4d77cd124849481e68c_origina

Stretch Goal #4 will unlock at $12,000.   This will be a Fight Club event.  The contestants are the Chibee and the Dryad.   The Chibee will be a swarm monster.   4 for 10 points and 6 for 15.   The Dryad will be a normal 30mm monster and will be 5 points.

To decide which one is made when we reach $12,000, just put your response in a comment reply to this update as to which one you want made.   When we reach $12,000 we will add them up and make the winner of the fight as the stretch goal miniature.

d301c0f833fc5f77b14e3353b5146761_origina
6ab98f905df401c9159c3d68e4e921ea_origina

Special thanks to backer Glenn McClune.  He designed the Chibee and paid Lorraine to make the art for it and has very graciously allowed us to work on offering a figure based on his design.

Thank you so much for reaching a point where I am even discussing Stretch Goal #4 before the KickStarter has been live for less than 24 hours.

Tom & Chris @ Impact!

• Like 2

Mar 19 2015
Stretch Goal #4 (Dryad) unlocked and Stretch Goal #5 announced

Thank you backers!  We just went over $12,000 and unlocked Stretch Goal #4...and the winner of the Fight Club is the Dryad.  As for Stretch Goal #5, it will be unlocked at $13,000 and will be the Wererat!   My Kickstarter/computer skills can't compete with Tom's so you'll have to settle with what I've put together. The wererat sketch and sculpt are from Nick Kelsch. The finished two arms are holding a sword and square shield.  

15541684f702903609c089a41fa209df_originaWererat

For size comparison...

c6794b7726e6e6103294c7c9d6fd0903_originaWererat comparison to Lizardman

Just a reminder that Tom is at Adepticon so I'm filling in to the best of my abilities.  

Chris & Tom

• Like 2

*sulk* I was going to be responsible. I was only going to back the Oathsworn Burrows and Badgers this year. But darn it! I love your chibis! And I feel sad that I've missed three of the chibi KSs already.

Nabbed an EB pledge. Shouldn't be too bad if I limit myself to $75... or $100... or so....

Set a reminder. I have never gotten any of the chibi minis. I have some SDE but I feel the SDE are more anime.

Impact!'s chibis work well with the SDE chibis. During the Asian KS they posted picts of them together and they're very compatible. If I ever get my Forgotten King game I'll post pictures of them together  ^_^

Forgotten King should be soon. It's in customs now, IIRC from the last update.

• Like 4

Jeneki,

We have had all our dice chi-squared tested for fairness in rolling.   In fact our D14 and D16 are currently being used by Goodman Games as part of their official RPG set for Dungeon Crawl Classics.  

Tom @ Impact!

So the dice set that is on the very bottom of the miniatures list, it has d14, d16, and d18.  Perhaps I'm not hip on current dice trends, but I can't say I've seen dice with that number of sides before.  Looking around on the net I found some similar dice, but the appear to have uneven side shapes (some square, some rhombus, some hex, etc).  Anyone have experience with these?  I'm curious how evenly weighted these are for rolling.

• Like 2

~twitch twitch~ more chibis. You are doing me great harm, or rather doing my wallet great harm....

I know right! Look at that adorable cyclops! And the Anubis! And the pretty little dryad!

I just wish I had enough gil for one of the huge pledge levels. THe I could get little squads of skeletons, orcs, beastmen.... *has chibi daydreams which don't fit her budget*

• Like 2

Mar 22 2015
Stretch Goal #5 Unlocked (Wererat) - Vote for Sobek or Rock Elemental ($14k)

1 like

Thank you backers.  We've unlocked the Wererat and are announcing the next stretch goal at $14,000.  We need your help in deciding if it will be....Sobek Warrior or Rock Elemental.  Sobek was the Egyptian god represented with a crocodile.  It will further fill out the Eygptian theme.  A sample is provided below to give you a sense of what it may look like.  It will be opposed by the mighty Rock Elemental.  It should provide some solid minions for building a set with the Earth Elemental Lord.  

93066c455af0b70358ba978b6d44f68d_originaSobek
a962b48b2802d6d29245a90d1644f750_originaRock Elemental

Thanks again for all your support!

Chris & Tom

• Like 2

Mar 27 2015
Sobek Art and special Add-on miniature announced - The Trucker

2 likes

We just received the art from Lorraine for the Sobek Warrior and wanted to share it with all the backers.

96e16ee28552c764cb92085a583abd18_origina

In addition, we have a special announcement for an add-on Chibi miniature that we are making available with the KickStarter.

We were approached at Adepticon and asked if we could make a special chibi miniature.   We discussed the costs and the details and agreed that we could do it.   So this figure is not being funded by this KickStarter.   The figure is being created for this special project and has outside funding so points cannot be used to pick up this miniature.   However, part of the arrangement for creating the figure allows you our backers to get this figure as part of your reward for 20% off what it will be when we hand over the figure to the requestor as well as add it to our online store where it will sell for $5.   

So for a $4 add-on to your pledge you can get the special request chibi, The Trucker.   He is definitely not a dungeon monster but he seems to keep landing in situations where he has to deal with them.   He's paid his dues though and for him its all in the reflexes for surviving from one monster battle to the next.

e379b9220b3cb72b15d173b9c922a001_origina

Thank you everyone for your interest in the project so far.

Tom & Chris @ Impact!

• Like 2