Chibi Adventurers, the Re-dungeoning from Impact Miniatures

I am not sure what to do with this pledge. I backed at too high amount to start with it looks like as I really only want about 20-25 points worth. I'll see what the end of the campaign brings before dropping my pledge down. Although I may be wise to wait until retail we shall see.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what to do with this pledge. I backed at too high amount to start with it looks like as I really only want about 20-25 points worth. I'll see what the end of the campaign brings before dropping my pledge down. Although I may be wise to wait until retail we shall see.

@Marsya ... understand if you go that route.   We make sure you get the figures at a good discount at the higher pledge levels vs what they end up at retail.   I make sure that no one ever pays more to get the figures in the KickStarter than they will when they come to our store (both domestic and international).

• Like 1

Aaah! I backed it! I got the Troll level early bird package! 
I'm so excited! 

I have waffled on this since it went live. Sure hope it turns out as amazing as I think it will!

ETA: If I want the adorable raptor/t-rex, how do I get that? I have to back an additional $4?

Edited by Marineal
  • Like 1

@Marsya: You could give me all your extra :huh: :lol: Seriously, I'd love to be able to afford to back at the top level, I'd get an adorable little army of orcs!

Well I only backed at the $75.00 EB level which I think is 80 points, so definitely not top level. I have most of the existing line from the first kickstarter and some of the others I picked up at Gen Con. As well as super dungeon explore, with forgotten king on the way, so lots of chibis already. But I could get some extras of my favorites to give some away between the box of goodwill here and to children I know. If I stay at that level I'll be sure to get an extra orc to send your way.

@Marsya ... understand if you go that route.   We make sure you get the figures at a good discount at the higher pledge levels vs what they end up at retail.   I make sure that no one ever pays more to get the figures in the KickStarter than they will when they come to our store (both domestic and international).

Impact thank you. I have backed a few of your kickstarters and I must say they are always ran well, with no disappointments.

Just curious do you plan on adding any of the new ponies, I had to miss that one and there are a few I would add here.

I went for $75 EB too. I think right now I have half the points planned for, but it will be very easy to spend the rest.

And I want to echo Marsya, Impact, some of the ponies from the last KS would be spiffy. I am particularly thinking of the beautiful Hippocampus :wub:

• Like 2

I would definitely vote for the hippocampus! 

Some of the ponies are hard to fit into the "dungeon adventurer" theme but the hippocampus, unicorn and Pegasus are all valid "monsters" (although my younger son will tell you that all of the ponies are monsters)

I am in for both the raptor and the old Ollie dragon, I don't have that one yet.  Isn't that sculpt from a different bloodbowl type game?

• Like 1

The Ponies should be in the online store by next week.   If you REALLY want some ... I love our Reaper forum backers ... so send me a note and I'll work with you to see what I can do.   I will add the Hippocampus to the KS based on your requests.   The Unicorn and Pegasus ... those are first gen Chibi and while we get good feedback on them ... they are not as clean as our newest figures.   So I'm reluctant to have them in.    Again if there are figures form the Pony KS you really want just message me through the KickStarter and I'll work with you to set up your pledge so you can have them.

Thanks for all the support everyone and feedback.  Reached another stretch goal today so I need to push out the update.

Tom

• Like 5

Wanted to post Update #8

Mar 30 2015
Killer Reptile sneaks into the KickStarter as an add-on

6 likes

The Story:   Years ago Tom informed his two sons that they both could have a figure if it was a reasonable cost to do so that they would like to see Impact! sell.   The one son immediately pounced and asked for a dragon.   It took me a while to find a good dragon to add to the store but I was finally able to purchase the rights to a sculpt by Bob Olley to add a dragon to the store to fulfill the request ( http://www.impactminiatures.com/minis/big/OlleyDragon.jpg ).

My 2nd son ... held on to his request.  While he has joking repeatedly asked for figures in the past (like a NopperabÅ during and after the Asian Chibi KS) ... he was never willing to use this request to get it.   Last week he finally made a decision and requested a Chibi model and he offered to help finance some of it to help have it made while the figures for this KickStarter are being worked on.   So Tom agreed and Lorraine has finished the art for his figure ... the Killer Reptile.  If is a standard 30mm tall model and definitely has some serious tooth and claw attacks (probably more than one claw attack stat-wise).   No KickStarter funds will be used to create him so he will not cause any increased stretches between stretch goals.   He is an add-on figure as a result that points cannot be used to obtain and can be included with your reward for a $4 add-on to your pledge.   We expect he will sell for either $5 or $6 when he is placed in the online store after the KickStarter.   My son found him the perfect balance between cute and horrifying if you had to face 3 of them working as a team to be just want he wanted for his figure.

Tom @ Impact!

354a4ac53880a62eed54db33f6d36dcb_origina

• Like 6

Apr 6 2015

Final week ... requested minis added to list ... new reward levels ... Killer Lizard sculpt

We are entering the final day of the project and wanted to thank everyone for your support so far.   As of this update we are $869 from the next stretch goal to unlock the Rock Elemental.   Once that is unlocked we have stretch goals planned at $18k, $19k and $20k so hopefully we'll be able to unlock several goals quickly as we enter the final days which are normally busy ones for a KickStarter project.

We have had several requests to add on figures from the past to the project for points and we are doing our best to review those requests and respond where possible.

In the 5 point category we are adding in the following 4 older monsters based on backer message requests:  Hippocampus, Skeleton Pony, Zombie Pony and the One Eyed Demon.

0412641888a4e80c099c870c5ff42e1b_origina

In addition, we had two requests (but from more than one person) for some other minis.  The first was the Bob Olley dragon that my other son asked for as his figure to be put in the Impact! store.  While not a Chibi ... it is a really great sculpt coming in at 52mm tall.   The other was for Chibi like minions for the Pumpkinhead General to animate and command to battle.  So we are including our 16mm tall Pumpkins to the list as well.  Dragon is 15 points and the 4 Pumpkin set is 16 points.

2649de68673c627aefda94dd44c2e5b7_origina

We hope to be able to give another update tomorrow with a preview of the art book.   Based on other backer requests ... we added on two new reward levels for those not needing Chibi minis.  The first will allow you to pledge for just the Electronic PDF files.  The second will allow you to just get the Softcover Chibi Art Book.

Finally,  Juan really like the idea of the Killer Lizard so he has already completed the sculpt and he looks great.   Tom's son is really happy with his miniature and hopes you enjoy it as well.

9780fc0f5194769e1e0b64d7b2e2b2f6_origina

Tom & Chris @ Impact!

Edited by impactminiatures
  • Like 5