Chibi Adventurers, the Re-dungeoning from Impact Miniatures

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Impact has done quite alright with me. My first order from them, the Chibi hydra not-tiamat, had some mold issues. I was quite prepared to work at fixing them myself, but I felt I should let them know. Even though I told them it was not a big deal, and just wanted to make sure they where aware , they still sent me a replacment, and made sure  was aware when another figure was going to be delayed and sent separate. Good people, good product, and I am happy to be supporting this. Now I just need to figure out which figures i want...

• Like 4

Update #13

Rock Elemental unlocked! Scarab Beetle and Chi-bee swarms and Bast(et) stretch goal

Backers ... thank you!  We just unlocked the Rock Elemental now and he has been added to the 5 point list of miniatures you can pick from.

If we reach $18,000, we will unlock the Bast(et) chibi which will also be a 30mm tall 5 point miniature.

To help us hopefully reach Bast(et) we have decided to make the molds for the Scarab Beetle and the Chi-bee swarms.   If we reach $19,000, these miniatures will be able to be obtained for points but regardless of that you'll be able to add one to your pledge for $3, 4 of one type for $10 or 6 of one type for $15 as an add-on.    I'm still hopefully we can reach the point where these are unlocked as points but we know that swarm monsters are very popular with the backers and Nick has been great to work with in sculpting these figures on short notice so we wanted to make them available to everyone.

The below photo shows the Scarab Beetle and the Chi-bee with the Scorpion unlocked earlier in the Kickstarter.

85009fe8f1ae35ed557a3627762a01ef_origina

Finally here is the art for the Rock Elemental again so all backers know which figure we just unlocked in the 5 point list!  

229875f1795fa29109b1b6990a75d624_origina

Thank you again backers and we look forward to what the last 4 1/2 hours have to offer.  

Tom & Chris @ Impact!

• Like 2

Apr 9 2015

Bast(et) unlocked! Sphinx at $20k! Free points stretch and the Beetle/Chi-bee for points!

We just unlocked Bast(et) for the new 5 point Chibee.   We are still working on her with Lorraine.  I'm not sure what the final product is going to end up looking like.    My first discussion with Chris was having Lorraine come up with a double dagger wielding version that was a mix between these two images:  http://www.mmoreviews.com/imgs/Smite-rw2.jpgand http://www.ioffer.com/img3/item/537/586/303/clggegyptian-statue-bastet-feminine-divine.jpg

However I know we were still working on it.   But for those that do not know Bastet she was an Egyptian Goddess normally shown as a cat.  She will go great with the other Egyptian models in this set.

Okay at $19,000 we will unlock allowing everyone to use points instead of add-on $ to get the Scarab and the Chi-bee shown in the last couple update (and currently in the add-on section of the main page).

At $20,000, we will be offering free points to several levels.

• ORC: 27' (2 free) 
  • BUGBEAR: 54 (4 free) 
  • TROLL: 85 (5 free) 
  • WARLORD: 116 (6 free) 
  • SORCERESS: 180 (10 free) 
  • LICH: 246 (16 free) 
  • ELDER DRAGON: 311 (21 free)

And Juan has just made a very special offer for the race to the finish.  He has offered to resculpt the Egyptian Sphinx for almost nothing if this project can actually reach $20,000.  If that is the case we'll create a 50mm version of the Egyptian Sphinx and offer it as a 10 point miniature for the KickStarter if we reach $20,000.   The original Egyptian Sphinx was a massive model (the head alone is 45mm tall) and it just does not cast well as it is soooo large.  Shrinking it down to 50mm tall would still make it impressive but also mean it should cast at a significantly better quality.

32d21a790fb248d4e57acdf60a727d6b_origina

So there are the goals for the final 2 1/2 hours ... if you have friends who do not know about the project now is the time to go give them a shout and see if we can reach the free point level and pick up some more free points/items for many of the backers.

Tom & Chris @ Impact!

• Like 3

Thank YOU Tom, for another wonderful series of artwork and your special touch.  Good luck with the new printer!

Thank you Kangaroorex ... I really hope it ends up being a $3k investment I'm glad I made.    If it works ... we are considering doing a Chibi Giants KickStarter in the future as it won't cost us over $100 each to have the figures printed by Shapeways.  ;-)

• Like 4

oooo! Chibi giants! That sounds awesome!

I tried making this suggestion in the comments of the KS, but I think it got lost, so I'll repost here. In a future set I think it would be neat to have female orcs, goblins, and dragonwomen (the "fafnir" guys). For one thing, it would be fun to have the ladies represented in those races, and for another, sometimes we play a monsterous humanoid campaign.

And I swear, one of these days I'm gonna buy a metric stuff ton of your chibis from the store. My car can only interfere with my chibi army plans for so long  :rock:  (before I have to get a new one, lol)

@Orlando_the_Technicoloured ... maybe ... let me see how well I can make it work ... but for friends I could definitely see what I could do.

@redambrosia ... I look forward to helping you with that order whenever the car is good to you.  I totally understand that.  My truck I use for Impact! needed almost $6k in repairs over the last year.  If I could time machine back I would just have replaced it when it first had issues.