Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

77279: Narthrax ( Copper )

So I'm not starting this one just yet, but I figured I could get some feed back before I do start it...

I was toying with several ideas, and am wondering what people think of this as the color scheme. It's my dragon Palorforthen, very coppery with black and gold and hints of purple

update with the start of the mini

post-12758-0-36405900-1426637115_thumb.jpg
Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 21

I tend to think of "metallic dragons" in the D&D mindset. And Narthrax is NOT a good dragon.

If you're just talking about a color scheme, tho, I totally approve.

I tend to think of "metallic dragons" in the D&D mindset. And Narthrax is NOT a good dragon.

If you're just talking about a color scheme, tho, I totally approve.

I'm just talking color scheme, not alignment =)

• Like 2

I plan on doing purple, myself, but not with red and orange. I plan on downplaying it with grays and blue-grays.

I dig the copper more, though.

• Like 2

Love the copper but if anyone could pull of the purple, it would be you. That is what I love about your painting, you are not afraid to use the bright colors and you paint them beautifully.

• Like 1

Love the copper but if anyone could pull of the purple, it would be you. That is what I love about your painting, you are not afraid to use the bright colors and you paint them beautifully.

I know right?? Siris earlier dragons and their color palettes are amazing. I'm happy to just be able to paint a natural yellow color and Siri blows us away with greens and blues and awesomeness!

I'm happy to see copper or purple frankly. :P

• Like 3

Heehee thanks. Definitely think I'll go copper for him

Which will be interesting. The paint used on that statue is acrylic, not my nice reaper paints. I'll haveto see if I can duplicate the color, otherwise Narthrax will be painted in a mix of acrylic and mini paints

• Like 2

Most mini paints are acrylic.

Well I meant the thick, hobby lobby paint when i mean acrylic

craft paint

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      "
      Welcome to our first campaign, Monster Families!
      La Louve 3D offers you this project, a collection of adorable, funny and dreadful miniatures to liven your role playing games. We have highlighted some little represented creatures and their babies! All our models are 3D printable without other supports needed with a FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) printer or SLA (Stereolithography) printer.
      "

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lalouve3d/monster-families-3d-supportless-printable-miniatures?ref=discovery_similar

• By Disciple of Sakura
      Keeping with my prior undead dragon being a reanimated metallic, I decided to paint up the Bones 4 Zombie Dragon as a copper dragon. I surgically removed its raised claw to fix an issue I had with my Ebonwrath, and sculpted a ruined claw on in its place here. Decided that the rot in the dragon would be where the verdigris of a copper dragon should be manifested, and went to town. Figure is mounted on a 4" diameter wooden base. Camera images had some trouble getting the color right. The closest are probably the first and last ones. 
      As always, enjoy, and feel free to let me know what I can improve. 

• By Shadespyre
      The biggest model I've ever painted, I worked on it in sections and then assembled it onto the base when finished. I made very minor modifications to Kalarax herself, mostly inserting a lot of brass rods to support joints, and using hot water to bend the tail around onto the base (which is 25 cm square!) There was a lot more work on the base, using rocks, grit and sand to meld the Bones "ruined temple" into a larger scene with common elements from my Vampire army (see sig below)

You may know the story of why the model is so big - apparently a communications error meant that it is twice the size it was ever meant to be? Because of this, I removed odd-sized base details like huge skulls and dinner plate coins and replaced them with "in-scale" objects like dozens and dozens of resin skulls as seen in the close up.

My "huge bony miniature" recipe is:
      One can of Army Painter Undead Bone spray paint
      A big pot of GW Agrax Earthshade (or similar brown wash)
      A pot of Citadel Dry Tyrant Skull
      A large flat drybrush

Let the model to the work! You can also use this to paint large numbers of smaller skeletons, of course.
    • By Shadespyre
      I found it really hard to light and photograph such a tall model, I'll have to get him off his shelf and try and take better pictures at some point in the future. I chose the bright red tongue to tie in with the reddish muscle and the red roses (which are a theme of my Warhammer Vampire project) as a spot colour. 
    • By Shadespyre
      Painted to match my Warhammer Vampire army, using old Citadel Foundation paints and a lot of Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 3 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)