Sign in to follow this  
Arc 724

Lion Man: 02880

I have to admit, I didn't notice the metals (which are awesome btw) because I was too distracted by the excellent job you did on the fur and hide. Very well done!

• Like 2

Those metals look amazing!

Thanks, it was a new endeavor for me.

I have to admit, I didn't notice the metals (which are awesome btw) because I was too distracted by the excellent job you did on the fur and hide. Very well done!

:) thank you. I have decided TMM is my jam! :P

The skin colour for the lion is super.

What did you use?

I love it.

Thanks partner!

GW Vomit brown for the front and then GW: Vomit brown with some white in it (3:1). All my study on lions showed their "undercarriage" is lighter than their top (back).

After that it was washes with Reaper Brown ink and Brown wash until I got it in the right place.

His Mane is layered the same way with the top/middle using a Reaper Black Ink blended to the brown then washed in Reaper Brown wash for blending.

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 2

That is a truly spectacular Miniature.

The colors, the application of color, the balance all point at a very

well controlled, and thought out delivery.

This is a masterwork. 

Extremely well done !

• Like 1

Hmmm.

In BONES II i got the Chimaera but it missed two heads.

Reaper sends me a whole new Chimaera.

So I will cut the wings off the first one, fill the gaps and I'll have a Lion to practice on.

Oh wait I also got a lion in the Expansion set... :wacko:

• Like 1

Hmmm.

In BONES II i got the Chimaera but it missed two heads.

Reaper sends me a whole new Chimaera.

So I will cut the wings off the first one, fill the gaps and I'll have a Lion to practice on.

Oh wait I also got a lion in the Expansion set... :wacko:

Wet blending is your friend, no doubt, the transition between fur colors can be tricky. Take a look at the other "beastmen" I did. I did more wet blending on the sabertooth and the Gnoll.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      "During the opening stages of the Great War, it was quickly discovered that the human mind was too fragile for soldiers to spend any time in areas that had been heavily corrupted by Void Space.
      One of the solutions to this problem was to lift the restrictions on deploying Automaton Troopers to the front-lines. Drawing power from naturally occurring energy fields and equipped with self repair and competent AI systems, they could theoretically operate indefinitely without contact with their human creators.
      However, despite being deployed in large numbers, in the end they did little to halt the advance of the Void.

Centuries later, many can still be found and most pose a threat to the humans they once served.
      This particular model, now known as a Flower Knight due to the flora it spontaneously generates around itself, is not openly hostile to anyone it comes across but will not tolerate any damage to the gardens they both create and guard."

Presenting the Flower Knight from Kingdom Death.

This is another one from the Cupboard of Unfinished ThingsTM that's been waiting for me to bring it back to the table for a final painting session or two. It's not a patch on the many, many other Flower Knights out there on the Inter-webs, but I'm really pleased with it.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• By aku-chan
      Yet another new mini, this time it's The Visarch, a mysterious Elfin knight.

I wasn't actually planning on starting him yet, but made a nice dark red mix for something else that I thought would look great on the inside of his cape:-

It's 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > Black Wash > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black with a brushtipful of Ochre Yellow.

Since this guy jumped the queue it could be a while before anything else happens to him.
    • By Pochi
      I somehow forgot to post this guy when I finished him last year. I painted him shortly after I finished his queenly counterpart. I had some issues with the ice on the base so it didn't turn out exactly as I hoped but it's ok. Painting these big guys is sure a whole different experience to painting the "normal" sized minis.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Veteran Decimate, a minor noblewoman turned sword for hire, who was originally a member of Guild Balls mercenary Union team (I haven't painted this version yet), however plot related shenanigans caused her to move to the Brewers Guild team resulting in this new 'Veteran' version.

Really happy with this one, there's a few things I could do better (her bracers, straps and glove blend together too much), but I think overall it turned out pretty good.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting The Hookah, once one of many labourers working Howard Carters archaeological dig, he gave up his name when he joined the Cult of Set. He is also part of the Egyptian faction for the game Twisted.

Another mini where I wish I could've done a better job on his face, but this one had the double difficulties of not only being rather small and finely detailed but also obscured by his cultist hat.
      I think the rest of the mini makes up for that though, so I'm pretty pleased with him.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
  • Who's Online   57 Members, 2 Anonymous, 169 Guests (See full list)