• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I struggle on with the progress.  As I said above freckles were a bust.  I painted the eyes and they came out ok.  It wasn't till afterwards that I realized I should have flicked the dark shadow color

Here is another miniature I plan to try to finish up for RCon.  

Tiring day of work so I really didn't have the mental energy to begin blending the skin.  So in order to keep making forward progress I put down a base coat of Foundry Vivid Blue shadow.  This particu

Posted Images

I struggle on with the progress.  As I said above freckles were a bust.  I painted the eyes and they came out ok.  It wasn't till afterwards that I realized I should have flicked the dark shadow color on with a small brush to try for the effect.  But I didn't want to risk ruining my eyes.  So i just went highlighted and shadowed the face.  Then to give it some more life, I base coated the hair.

Here are the results:

post-12625-0-70551500-1426707318.jpg

And a shot from the back since I realized I hadn't given one yet.

post-12625-0-07834900-1426707320.jpg

If I get some more painting time today I'll try to get the rest of the skin finished.

• Like 17

Ooooo, red hair with freckles?  I'll be watching! 

Ugh, freckles were a bust, at least for the moment.  None of my brushes were able to make the dots small enough.

If you find a way to make freckles work, be sure to share it.  I saw one post of freckles that looked awesome http://www.coolminiornot.com/374067?browseid=11655430, but it is for a 1/6th scale.  I don't know how to get it to work at 28mm.  

• Like 1

Wow, that red hair and the blue eyes are looking great! The skin tones are really taking shape and you did just an outstanding job on her face with the placement of highlights, shadows, and that lipstick. She's going to be awesome!

• Like 1

Ooooo, red hair with freckles?  I'll be watching!

Ugh, freckles were a bust, at least for the moment.  None of my brushes were able to make the dots small enough.

If you find a way to make freckles work, be sure to share it.  I saw one post of freckles that looked awesome http://www.coolminiornot.com/374067?browseid=11655430, but it is for a 1/6th scale.  I don't know how to get it to work at 28mm.

That was an awsome link. I'm not sure I how one would go about doing that either at 28mm.

Wow, that red hair and the blue eyes are looking great! The skin tones are really taking shape and you did just an outstanding job on her face with the placement of highlights, shadows, and that lipstick. She's going to be awesome!

Thanks, I hope the rest of the skin comes out this well.

• Like 1